Another Edge with soft pedal after replacing booster

Well,looks like im another Edge owner left to throw parts at the braking system to try and figure out why i have no pedal.2010 edge. pedal was super hard so replaced booster. of course the brake switch plunger didnt come back up so had to replace that too. but now i have the INFAMOUS.... "brake pedal is soft and continues to the floor" could it actually be the master cylinder? or am i destined to throw money at the obvious causes of a soft pedal only to find out it may be an abs issue... wheel speed sensor,caliper not functioning properly, air stuck in the abs module...i took it out yesterday onto a gravel road to engage abs several times. didnt change anything. i have been reading threads now for an hour and watching a couple youtube videos...i have forscan so i have the ability to do an abs bleed,although im contemplating letting the dealer do it just because i know its a huge pita to do it by myself. pretty sketchy driving with a shit brake pedal. anyone want to be the pedal pumper?

Years ago i had my 09 in for something (my have been an oil change). Mentioned I had a soft pedal. When I got the car back an hour later had a hard pedal. Asked what they did and said something about bleeding something in the brake system. Wasn't the brakes, something near the booster. Whatever it was they didn't charge for it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, enigma-2 said:

Years ago i had my 09 in for something (my have been an oil change). Mentioned I had a soft pedal. When I got the car back an hour later had a hard pedal. Asked what they did and said something about bleeding something in the brake system. Wasn't the brakes, something near the booster. Whatever it was they didn't charge for it. 

probably the abs module...it is down below the master cylinder.requires access to abs bleed option with a diagnostic tool. i can get into it with forscan but it would be a task to do it by myself. i have a strong feeling that there is a valve stuck open in that module.