07 Lumbar Lever

Hi all. Just signed up to ask a question that I haven't been able to find an answer to anywhere.

The driver's side 6 way power seat in our '07 will not move forward anymore and I think it might be the switch. It looks as if the panel on the side of the seat needs to be removed to remove the switch but I think the lumbar support handle/lever needs to be remove in order to remove the side panel. Can anyone tell me how to remove that lever (and the side panel)?

Thanks

Phil N

Hope this is of some assistance.

1. If equipped with power lumbar, release the tension on the power lumbar cable before removing the seat from the vehicle.
  1. Remove the front seat. For additional information, refer to Seat — Front in this section.
  1. Remove the cushion side shield in the following sequence.
    1. NOTE: Release the tension on the manual lumbar cable before removing the manual lumbar handle.

If equipped with manual lumbar, release the 2 clips on the back of the manual lumbar handle then pull and remove the manual lumbar handle.
    1. Remove the cushion side shield screw(s).
    1. Slide the cushion side shield up in the rear to release the retainer.
    1. Slide the cushion side shield forward to disengage the retainer.
    1. Disconnect the seat control switch electrical connector.
      • Remove the cushion side shield.
  1. Remove the recliner side shield in the following sequence.
    1. Remove the recliner side shield screw and scrivet.
    2. Pull out and remove the recliner side shield.

Seat Control Switch — Front

Removal and Installation

NOTE: The air bag warning indicator illuminates when the correct Restraints Control Module (RCM) fuse is removed and the ignition is ON.

NOTE: The Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) must be fully operational and free of faults before releasing the vehicle to the customer.

All seats

1. If possible, position the seat all the way up and center the seat in the front door opening.
  1. Depower the SRS . For additional information, refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Depowering and Repowering in the General Procedures portion of Section 501-20B .
  1. Separate the safety belt retractor belt anchor from the seat in the following sequence.
    1. Carefully pull up and out to remove the safety belt retractor belt anchor nut cover from the cushion side shield.
    1. Remove the safety belt anchor nut.
      • To install, tighten to 47 Nm (35 lb-ft).
    1. Separate the safety belt retractor belt anchor from the seat.
  1. Remove the seat control switch in the following sequence.
    1. Pull out and remove the seat control switch knob(s).
    1. If equipped with manual recline, release the clip and remove the manual recline handle.
    1. If equipped with manual lumbar, pull and remove the manual lumbar handle.
    1. Remove the cushion side shield screw(s).
    1. Slide the cushion side shield up in the rear to release the retainer.
    1. Slide the cushion side shield forward to disengage the retainer.
    1. Release the cushion side shield clips and separate the seat control switch.
    1. Disconnect the seat control switch electrical connector and remove the switch.
  1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
  1. Repower the SRS . If a passenger seat has been serviced, do not prove out the SRS at this time. For additional information, refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Depowering and Repowering in the General Procedures portion of Section 501-20B .

Passenger seat

1. Carry out the Occupant Classification System (OCS) System Zero Seat Weight Test. For additional information, refer to the General Procedures portion of Section 501-20B .

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my update. I was trying to pry back the handle so I could get a picture of in behind it and it just came off. There was no clip on it. It looks like there may be provisions for a window winder type clip - maybe there had been one but had been removed by a previous owner. Thanks for the help.20201124_135656.thumb.jpg.9785d0c2232e86f422e8bc323e19c3d5.jpg

• 4 months later...

"Remove the cushion side shield in the following sequence.

1. NOTE: Release the tension on the manual lumbar cable before removing the manual lumbar handle.

If equipped with manual lumbar, release the 2 clips on the back of the manual lumbar handle then pull and remove the manual lumbar handle."

Does anyone know how to remove the clips form the handles?

Mine didn't actually have any clips on it. As I was prying it away from the seat to see if I could see what was holding it on it just came off. It looked as if it may have been designed to have a clip on it like the 'C' clip type of thing on window winders (remember those?) or door handles though.

HTH

phil n