Fuel and Water Separator

4x4fun

Greetings! 

We just purchased a used 2018 Edge Titanium 2.0L and I have been reading the owner's manual. The wife thinks I am nuts for this, but this what I do with all my vehicles.  Anyway, reading the "Scheduled Maintenance" section and under the "Check Every Month" portion, they have a line that says "Fuel and Water Separator. Drain if necessary (or if indicated by the information display)."  I did not remember reading anything about this device or anything about it in the display. I looked back and found nothing about this separator. I also looked in the index and found nothing talking about this either. Has anyone heard of this, knows where this is at, and/or how to drain this separator?  I have not ordered my Chilton or Haynes manual yet for the vehicle, so I am not sure if they even say anything about this.  I have also done an internet search and found nothing.

Thanks!

On 12/23/2020 at 9:49 AM, todd92 said:

That would have to be for a diesel variant in Europe.  No gasoline engine vehicle has a fuel/water separator, but all diesel engine ones do.

Thanks. I did not think they would put a diesel check in a book that states nothing about diesels. I was hoping it was like a catch can for the turbo.