2016 Ford Edge Intelligent Access

Hi All, I’m having some trouble understanding and working the Intelligent Access to unlock/lock doors with fob and/or handles.

Im this scenario, I have the fob in my hand...I press the lock button on my fob....to make sure that the doors are locked, I pull on the handle and the door opens! What I’m I doing wrong?

Is there such thing to deactivate this feature?Is it worth it too?

You have the key on you while you're opening the door. It's supposed to do that. Look for a red light where the old lock plunger head would have been. That will let you know if the door is locked or not. If you want to try what you're doing. Lock the door, set key like 10 feet+ away from your edge then try to open the door(s).

Edited by lildisco

Thanks for this...I will give this a try tomorrow.

I do have another question...different topic though! I had trouble turning on the radio. Is there a video that you are aware of that I can watch? I have only found videos with the voice activated, but want to use it the regular way.

On 1/8/2021 at 8:48 PM, Teresa30 said:

When you say red light , do you mean as per the photo provided where I circled it?

FB5C5BC7-E3A1-432F-A36D-2698F539B1BC.jpeg

''Teresa30'', the little led on your key fob is there to let you know if the car started or not when using the remote start feature. If it flashes red, it did not start but if it flashes green then it did start.

Claude. 

Edited by 2FAST4U

On 1/8/2021 at 9:05 PM, lildisco said:

I'm only aware of pushing the power button if the radio is off & then using the touch screen to get what source you want. If you're using the FM/AM radio, then the < & > button & the right rotorary dial will change the stations. 

I have another inquiry if you can help!

This symbol came on the dashboard. What is it and how to remove?

427797C1-D0DE-47AA-8907-65145403CEE1.jpeg