Reverse sensing would attenuate my music while on, but no more!!

We've had our 2008 edge for 2 weeks now. The first week the radio would attenuate when the reverse sensing beep would come on and it was very easy to hear. Now the radio doesn't attenuate and its hard to hear the beep during reverse. Anyone know if I accidentally messed with a settings?

I think if it's an area you have visited multiple times it is learning. I noticed the same thing after several weeks of backing into the garage, it's like it knows you've been there before. . .

We've had our 2008 edge for 2 weeks now. The first week the radio would attenuate when the reverse sensing beep would come on and it was very easy to hear. Now the radio doesn't attenuate and its hard to hear the beep during reverse. Anyone know if I accidentally messed with a settings?

I do not think the Edge has an option for the radio to reduce its volume when put into reverse and the sensor is activated. (at least the '07 model which I have) Some vehicles do have that option however.

Is this the question you are asking??

Edited by tpm419419

I think if it's an area you have visited multiple times it is learning. I noticed the same thing after several weeks of backing into the garage, it's like it knows you've been there before. . .

not possible..

anyway, what he is saying is that when revers sensing came on, his radio volume decreased making sensor easy to hear... now it no longer decreases volume.

not possible..

anyway, what he is saying is that when revers sensing came on, his radio volume decreased making sensor easy to hear... now it no longer decreases volume.

Turn your volume up a little more and try it. On my 08 Limited If my volume is a little high it will decrease when the backup sensors are engaged.

Yeah no matter what I do it wont turn down even if my music is blasted. I had a 2007 which didn't attenuate, but I just bought a 2008 and for 1 week it did and now it won't!!!! Anyone know how to fix this?

It's highly unlikely that it actually worked this way for a week (but not impossible). It was most likely a coincidence of some sort and it never actually worked that way.

It's highly unlikely that it actually worked this way for a week (but not impossible). It was most likely a coincidence of some sort and it never actually worked that way.

I promise it did it the first week I had it!!!!! I also had an 07 Edge and I know that didn't attenuate. The 08 was ok for a week and now it doesn't work. It's not a coincidence. I may have screwed up some setting and I can't seem to fix it!

I promise it did it the first week I had it!!!!! I also had an 07 Edge and I know that didn't attenuate. The 08 was ok for a week and now it doesn't work. It's not a coincidence. I may have screwed up some setting and I can't seem to fix it!

I have an 08 with Sync and Nav... my sound has NEVER lowered during backing. My previous 04 F-150 did indeed significantly lower the sound to play the backup beep. I also notice with the Edge unlike the F-150 the backup beeping sound seems to come from the back of the vehicle vs. my F-150 that emitted the sound through the Audiophile stereo system.

Also note, my wife has an 07... no muting when backing either.

Rayo

The problem is the system appears to be totally separate from the stereo system and doesn't use the speakers, therefore it would require a separate connection to tell the radio when to turn down and it's likely that doesn't exist.

This is not something that would be made an option - there's no way you would want to turn off an option like that.

Again - it's not impossible, just highly highly unlikely.

well.... here is a curve ball for you... the freak is correct

my 2008 fully loaded (navi, Sirius) Limited absolutely, positively, unequivocally attenuates - lowers the volume - of my stereo when reverse sensors come on. I tested it like 5 times.. moment the sensors kick in, the stereo lowers in volume. it is not the sensors getting louder I am hearing, it is the stereo volume dropping. no doubt about it.

my 2008 fully loaded (navi, Sirius) Limited absolutely, positively, unequivocally attenuates - lowers the volume - of my stereo when reverse sensors come on. I tested it like 5 times.. moment the sensors kick in, the stereo lowers in volume. it is not the sensors getting louder I am hearing, it is the stereo volume dropping. no doubt about it.

so how can I find out what I have done. I know for a fact it was working for a week.

so how can I find out what I have done. I know for a fact it was working for a week.

I can offer you nothing there. dealer 'might' be best for that as I have never seen a way to adjust such a setting. I was only offering up a confirmation that what you claimed it did in fact happens for me as you claim... and continues to do so.

IF you find out more, please be sure to post up as this is a new issue I have not seen documented.

Lex,

Same here, fully loaded limited. I will try it tomorrow, to make sure it does not mute. But I am pretty sure it does not.