Rearview mirror always dark

More info: This car is normally parked outside. I pulled it in the garage today and the mirror was no longer dark, so the auto darkening function is working. How do people deal with these mirrors with dark tint in the rear? Is there a way to remove power from the mirror and turn it off?

Thx!

Barry

The auto dim mirror has 2 light sensors, one at the back that measures ambient light level and one in the front (behind the mirror glass I think) to measure the intensity of light that might cause glare.

If the back sensor is blocked it will make it think it is night time and cause the diming function to come on whenever there is light inside the vehicle, even if it regular sunlight coming in from the side windows or if the dome light or map light is on.

I tested the front and rear sensors and the mirror is working properly. The problem is that I have never had a car with tint this dark before. I think it is something like a 5% tint. When you are out in the sun and your eyes adapt to the windshield brightness, the rear window looks very dark. It's on all of the rear windows. It looks pretty sharp on a white car. Thanks for the help! Sorry to waste everyone's time on this.

I'm really enjoying the car. I'm still learning about all of the features.

Barry