Looking to buy 2013 edge limited

Going to look at a super clean  2013 edge limited 46,000 miles with all the options, California model kodak  brown, private sale, read about all the info on the bad 2013 electrical problems, owner replaced the defective screen module, anything else i should check

I just found this out about the 2013 models so i am going to pass or can anyone change my mind 

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/why-the-2013-ford-edge-is-the-worst-edge-you-can-buy/

Edited by glennyboy

- Who did the maintenance? Per schedule?

- How old is the battery?

- How many miles on the tires?

- Look at front floor for evidience of water?

- Have a spare? Tire well clean?

- Extended warranty?

- BMAR open/close smoothly?

- Radio working ok? Sirus?

- Sync up to date?

- Map software up to date? 

Once the problems for 2013 are addressed, good car! Discuss your URL then offer 5% under private sale blue book and buy an extended warranty from your dealer.

Edited by enigma-2

• 1004ron changed the title to Looking to buy 2013 edge limited
  • 3 months later...

My 2012 Edge Limited 3.5 has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. At almost 10 years old, and 76,000 miles, the only thing I have ever had to fix was the dash module (about $1000), which the dealership then gave me a life time warranty on. Can't ask for more than that. Car is washed regularly and garage kept. Has been waxed every year. Still looks new. Serviced regularly, tires rotated, etc. 

I have serviced the trans and cooling system at 60,000. Changed out the brake fluid at about 75,000 miles, but brake pads still good. Mechanic said it didn't need a brake job. Haven't changed out plugs yet, idle still the same and fuel economy still good. But that's probably coming. Front axle boots still look good also. 

Original tires lasted 60,000 miles, and still had 3/32 tread left. Only bought new Michelins because wife said the tires were over 8 years old, and she didn't feel safe with them. Otherwise would have gone safely another 5000 or so. 

Great car....Ford did a good job. My only real complaint was the front bumper was drilled for a tag. Had to remove that and put in two plugs. Don't know if dealership or Ford did that. But it was a big deal to me. Ford take note. 

Edited by RJG