Seat cover 2014

10 hours ago, thesavo said:

Are there any good recommendations for a seat covering for the front seats?

My wife doesn't like the leather sticking to her skin.

The seats seem a bit "gurthy" compared with other car seats..

Versus new seat covers, what about trying a good high quality leather cleaner? The one we use for the sofa at home, seems to make the sofa 'feel' much better

Often times, those cleaners give a different 'feel' to the leather. 

Merely another idea/solution... 

No. We have tried al different leather cleaners.  Nothing seems to prevent legs from sticking to the leather on a hot day.   I'd be happy to do a cloth swap.

We only need a decent butt-cushion cover that doesn't look horrible. 

Any thought?

I tried salvage, but nothing newer than 2010 is there.

Tasca parts shows that 2012 - 2014 are compatible.  Would a 2008 or 2010 cloth cover work? 

Has anyone changed OEM seat covers?

Edited by thesavo

6 hours ago, thesavo said:

No. We have tried al different leather cleaners.  Nothing seems to prevent legs from sticking to the leather on a hot day.  

Its possible to "over-condition" leather and cause stickness. (Also, parts of the seat is leather, and other parts are "synthetic" leather. Plastic.

Before you proceed, read the site and see if helps. (If you do go with a cover, be observant where it seams fall on the backside. The seams will rub against the seat and cause abrasion).

https://leathermilk.com/tacky-leather-conditioned-leather

I will try that. Also, my wife has found a seat cover that, while not factory, may be to her liking if we cannot remove the summertime leg stickiness with this leather milk.  thanks for the plug.

https://www.amazon.com/Suninbox-Covers-Bottom-Compatible-Cushion/dp/B07ZC83TQD/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=seat+cover+bottom&qid=1618594562&sr=8-11

• 2 weeks later...

She is quite happy with it, and the seat heater still does its job.  I like the front pocket.   I'm going to order a second one for the passenger.   There is even a drilled hole in the seat Frame for the attchement hook.  She's happy and so am I.

Edited by thesavo