Spark Plug/Thermostat Replacement Question

d332y

31 minutes ago, d332y said:

Hey gang! Got my set of iridium spark plugs/170 thermostat in today. Got quoted $325 from a shop to have them installed. Is that a fair price to pay? I looked into doing myself but I don’t have a Jack/time/tools to do the job.

Depends, is it a 4 or 6 cylinder?

Please add location and Model/Year to your profile signature - https://www.fordedgeforum.com/settings/signature/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1004ron said:

I recently did the plugs on my Sport, and would consider $325 a fairly good deal.

I used the NGK Ruthenium plugs.

Awesome! I got the same ones, did you gap them .028? That was what Torrie from unleashed suggested I do.

If you have any mechanical inclination at all, spark plugs are very easy to replace yourself. I am a big guy with big hands and I did struggle a little to get the back side plugs, but with plenty of extensions and swivel sockets, it really wasn't a bad job. I cannot speak for the t-stat

3 hours ago, dolsen said:

If you have any mechanical inclination at all, spark plugs are very easy to replace yourself. I am a big guy with big hands and I did struggle a little to get the back side plugs, but with plenty of extensions and swivel sockets, it really wasn't a bad job. I cannot speak for the t-stat

The problem is, I have a toddler haha. My gf works crazy hours so I’m usually watching him. We don’t get much time together so I’d rather spend that time with them than trying to take this on ATM. Once he gets a little older then I’d like to involve him but right now he’s got the attention of a spastic puppy. Stuff that takes me an hour or less is no biggie but at least this time, I’m going to have a shop do it.

18 hours ago, d332y said:

The problem is, I have a toddler haha. My gf works crazy hours so I’m usually watching him. We don’t get much time together so I’d rather spend that time with them than trying to take this on ATM. Once he gets a little older then I’d like to involve him but right now he’s got the attention of a spastic puppy. Stuff that takes me an hour or less is no biggie but at least this time, I’m going to have a shop do it.

Hey man, I understand that. Gotta figure out what your time is worth, and if it's worth spending the money to get more time with the family, then I am 100% on board with that