Why is my defrost blowing out cold air when my a/c is on and no air coming out of vents

Like the subject says my question is.... Why is my defrost vents blowing out cold air when my a/c is on and no air coming out from the other vents (front vents) like it usually should did? 

In some blogs, they say I need to replace a door actuator that is located under the gloves box, and in others, they say that is another door actuator located behind the dash in the driver panel.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

8 hours ago, HEC said:

Like the subject says my question is.... Why is my defrost vents blowing out cold air when my a/c is on and no air coming out from the other vents (front vents) like it usually should did? 

In some blogs, they say I need to replace a door actuator that is located under the gloves box, and in others, they say that is another door actuator located behind the dash in the driver panel.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

just to be sure but does this happen after the engine has warmed up?

have you tried the "Max" button and does the same thing happen?

18 hours ago, HEC said:

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

can you tell us some basic info:  year, model, trim level, manual or automatic climate control?

this sounds like a mode door issue if air is not coming out from where it is supposed to.  temperature control is via blend door actuators.