2017 Ford Edge Sport - Ruby Red Metallic

I am also part of a detailing forum where I plan on doing a write up on paint correction, graphene ceramic coating, and maintaining the coating. I'll also copy my posts here. 

3/16/21

Our Kia Forte was totaled around the end of January. We were looking for a smallish SUV. The top contenders were Jeep Compass and Mazda CX-5. I looked for Crossover/SUVs with Turbo Charged engines and this popped up. It was right at the top of our budget but I figured we could at least test drive it. I found a local Edge Sport in white to test drive before paying CarMax to transfer the red one. One wide open pull out of the parking lot was all we needed to decide on this car. We didn't even test drive anything else. The 2.7TT EcoBoost is amazing and with 29k miles, it's nearly new. 

Front Passenger 3/4

3/16/21

I asked them not to touch the paint but they still put the bow on it. The hood is covered in scratches/swirls but so is the whole car. I knew it would need polished anyway. I plan on correcting the paint and using Graphene Ceramic on everything. I only had time to hand wash and spray wax before we left for the weekend but it cleaned up well. CarMax has to fix a few issues (see flaky paint below, hoping for a repaint) before I work on polishing and coating. I can tell it's going to look amazing when it's all cleaned up. 

IMG_0809.JPEG

IMG_0815.JPEG

IMG_0816.JPEG

IMG_0823.JPEG

3/17/21

CarMax will be fixing the chipped/flaky paint along with all other scratches/chips/dings including curb rash on the wheels. This will delay my paint correction and Graphene Ceramic Coating but I will have a way better starting point when this is all complete. Stand by for before/during/after pictures. 

Got the car back a couple weeks ago but I just found time for a quick wash. I used the Red Unicorn Soap and dried with Cyber Monday Cranberry Detail Spray. It needs polished so bad. I cannot wait to find the time. Hopefully next week/weekend. I also debadged the back hatch. No more junk stuck around letters!

IMG_1044.thumb.JPEG.b430217f730af810d5c66280faf9eea6.JPEGIMG_1046.thumb.JPEG.5a13bb720c355a06c7b372c5514e96b7.JPEGIMG_1048.thumb.JPEG.c4ecbe48af71681a1a3e090eb5cc319c.JPEGIMG_1049.thumb.JPEG.2bbb0142d18184de452cb447895ae53c.JPEGIMG_1050.thumb.JPEG.5e775927e8705ad5343e043cd99eba89.JPEGIMG_1051.thumb.JPEG.76cf5c0c907405b67a5bfd29a116b126.JPEGIMG_1052.thumb.JPEG.5988a9b3b0505b970c260e56d2af254f.JPEGIMG_1053.thumb.JPEG.0ce414a6400148e1484b19dac9177003.JPEG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Halstead said:

Curious, what Graphene Coating…

Edge looks good, honestly not a Ruby Red fan but it cleans up well.

I use Adam's Polishes. I have used the regular Ceramic Paint Coating on several client's cars but this will be my first time using the Graphene. I've heard it's easier to apply and is more resistant to water spots. I think this car saw nothing but automatic car washes it's whole life. There are swirls everywhere. It's going to look like a completely different car when I get it corrected. 

3 hours ago, bscott94 said:

3/16/21

I asked them not to touch the paint but they still put the bow on it. The hood is covered in scratches/swirls but so is the whole car. I knew it would need polished anyway. I plan on correcting the paint and using Graphene Ceramic on everything. I only had time to hand wash and spray wax before we left for the weekend but it cleaned up well. CarMax has to fix a few issues (see flaky paint below, hoping for a repaint) before I work on polishing and coating. I can tell it's going to look amazing when it's all cleaned up. 

IMG_0809.JPEG

I've not seen anything like that before. Do they put those huge bows on every car they sell?

1 hour ago, bscott94 said:

I use Adam's Polishes. I have used the regular Ceramic Paint Coating on several client's cars but this will be my first time using the Graphene. I've heard it's easier to apply and is more resistant to water spots. I think this car saw nothing but automatic car washes it's whole life. There are swirls everywhere. It's going to look like a completely different car when I get it corrected. 

It is more resistant, but Adams is not a true Graphene Coating as its OTC. It’s more of a ceramic on steriods and can be found cheaper through other companies that B&B Blending makes products for. You will have good results though.