strange noise

samxander

i have a 2013 For Edge SE AWD, i bought it second hand, just changed the PTU recently.

so the problem is that few months ago it started making weired noise when accelerating, the engine sound is very loud and i can hear like a friction noise from under the car it seems coming from passenger side but i'm not shure.

what could be the possible reason of that?

any clue is appreciated.

i will try to record the sound.

On 6/17/2021 at 1:26 AM, samxander said:

i'm also suspecting exhaust leak, even if after a certain driving time, the noise disapears and car runs smoothly

Control arm or sway bar bushings can be noisy until the rubber gets hot and expands. 

What type of sound is it?

If exhaust, you should be able to crawl under car just after starting and catch the leak.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 11:45 AM, enigma-2 said:

Control arm or sway bar bushings can be noisy until the rubber gets hot and expands. 

What type of sound is it?

If exhaust, you should be able to crawl under car just after starting and catch the leak.

i have bad tie rods and a leaking front right axle, transmission mount is bad also, still have to check motor mounts. i will try to change these and see if the noise goes or not.