2010 Edge SEL LIFTGATE

Lawnpro979

hey all. not sure if this is the right place to post.

the liftgate is stuck.... I can hear the actuator as I press the button. Checked removed fuses reinstalled. removed hatch on rear door to gain access to the manual release push it all the way down and it still wont open.

it acts like it's opens and I can pull it a small way. " I can see daylight through there"   but it jsut wont open....

any ideals thanks 

Start by doing a liftgate reset. Easiest way is to pull fuse no. 14, (liftgate module keep alive) for one minute. (Also check fuse #17, (liftgate latch) for continuity. (Both are in the engine compartment fuse box). Make certain vehicle battery is good (low voltage can play hell with modules).

If still no go, see if this video helps 

• 2 weeks later...

does it at least unlatch completely? the manual lift struts are the first to go, followed far behind by the power motor and the latch.  not sure if the power strut has ever failed, but it is also a relative rarity.

usually if it is not the manual struts, an initialization helps.  also needs to have a strong battery, if the battery is weak, all kinds of symptoms will manifest.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W