How many of you want better braking?

CreamEDGE.

That's right, the Ford EDGE's brakes SUCK something awful and now there is an excellent replacement for them, EBC Redstuff/Greenstuff pads. I just emailed them because it's been in their parts list for a while but they've never been made and now they are. These brake pads will dust less and stop much more effectively than the stock pads, the biggest thing I hate about them is the fade, and luckily these pads will almost never fade. They will be 89 for the Front and Rear with the Redstuff, the Greenstuff should be slightly cheaper. Again, these will no doubt give you the braking power that we all need and expect.

Redstuff is a street sport and Greenstuff is a less aggressive street pad. With the girth of the EDGE/MKX/CX-9, I'd get the Redstuff pads.

These will fit the Mazda CX-7, CX-9, EDGE & MKX. Look around at perfectbrakes.com for them.

Hi There,

The list price for those pads is $89 but they are not in stock.

The initial run is still being manufactured in England and we do not have an ETA for that part.

Please check back in January for more information.

EBC Brakes USA

Edited by CreamEDGE.

frankly.. I have never thought of them as that bad. I am not a speed racer per se, but they seem totally adequate to me. but I know many do not agree. when my brake pads go, I would upgrade them to something like this no doubt, but until then, I seem pretty fine with stock ones until I wear them down.

Speaking of dust, not an issue on my Edge. Was on my VW, but not my Edge.

at first i thought the brakes were "just adequate" then i felt they had improved with a little age. then about a month ago, a car slowed FAST in front of me and i hit the brakes very hard. they didn't stop for shi* and they haven't felt that good sense then. (i did stop in plenty of time to avoid the car in front of me) i'll definately upgrade to a better pad and hopefully eliminate their poor choice in brake pads. (hope it's just the pad)

at first i thought the brakes were "just adequate" then i felt they had improved with a little age. then about a month ago, a car slowed FAST in front of me and i hit the brakes very hard. they didn't stop for shi* and they haven't felt that good sense then. (i did stop in plenty of time to avoid the car in front of me) i'll definately upgrade to a better pad and hopefully eliminate their poor choice in brake pads. (hope it's just the pad)

I felt the same way, the pads totally let me down more than a few times. I'm getting these for the EDGE & CX-7 when they're available for purchase. Tires and the fluid play a big role in stopping but I've gotten the stock pads to fade way too quickly. Redstuff is can be nothing but an improvement over stock.

I think the brake dust on yours might be related to the color of your wheels.

I'm a fan of EBC GreenStuff. I run it on my tuned eclipse and talked a friend into installing them on his Cooper S.

I do think there catalog is sketchy though, I must have been one of the first purchasers for my model of eclipse (97 GST) because they sent me the pads for a GSX. Summit Racing [who I purchased through] got an EBC engineer on the phone with me and I measured my old pads against the new pads and we found the correct pad size, Summit immediately shipped me the correct part for free [probably billed EBC for the oversight]. They said they were going to update the catalog. Kudo's to Summit Racing and EBC for great customer care.

I guess if you waste enough money on go fast parts they'll give you a little extra attention.

But long story short, I have been very pleased and as has anyone else using these pads. I have not noticed separation of the pads or loud noises from the pads. I would recommend new rotors or at a MINIMUM having the rotors turned if you are going to install these pads. They have a special layer coating specifically designed to enhance the "wear in" of the pad on a new rotor.

Edited by Splitpi

I'm a fan of EBC GreenStuff. I run it on my tuned eclipse and talked a friend into installing them on his Cooper S.

I do think there catalog is sketchy though, I must have been one of the first purchasers for my model of eclipse (97 GST) because they sent me the pads for a GSX. Summit Racing [who I purchased through] got an EBC engineer on the phone with me and I measured my old pads against the new pads and we found the correct pad size, Summit immediately shipped me the correct part for free [probably billed EBC for the oversight]. They said they were going to update the catalog. Kudo's to Summit Racing and EBC for great customer care.

I guess if you waste enough money on go fast parts they'll give you a little extra attention.

But long story short, I have been very pleased and as has anyone else using these pads. I have not noticed separation of the pads or loud noises from the pads. I would recommend new rotors or at a MINIMUM having the rotors turned if you are going to install these pads. They have a special layer coating specifically designed to enhance the "wear in" of the pad on a new rotor.

I directly emailed EBC so it's legit, I talked to someone on the phone from that site as well and they said the same thing EBC said.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2008 Limited and I think my brakes are excellent. I have put them to the test. I drove a Subaru STI before and done a lot of auto crossing. It took a little while to get used to the differences, but even pulling a Lowboy trailer weighing around 2000lbs I find the brakes more than adequate. I am with LEX probably would upgrade when I wear out the factory pads but not until then.

Was there a change in the brakes between 2007 and 2008?

Early 2007 were an issue. Ford changed and it did improve according to my sources at a Ford dealer. The AWD are better than the FWD. The 2008MY has improved version as well. My 08 AWD LTD brakes are great compared to other Fords in our companies fleet (over a few thousand vehicles in fleet).

Any pad updates are good. Friend owns a porsche independant garage (looks after my Porsche) and he can recommend better pads when it comes time.