Outside temperature/ AC not working properly

We just recently bought a used 2011 Edge and have slowly started noticing some issues come up within the last few months. Recently my Edge when I turn it on (not the first time in the morning but any time after that) my temperature will read -10 and just the fan will turn on. The temperature will slowly go up to the temperature outside as I drive. When the temperature registers 1 degree the AC will kick on. Just today the temperature started at -10 but will flash to the three dashed lines then back to -10 continuously. The Fan will turn on when it shows a temperature but off when the dashes come on. 

We also noticed that the ambient lighting has been messed up as well as of lately. The floor lights will be the colour selected but the inside of the handles and the cup holders will be the colour beside it (ex. Floor lights blue, cup holder & door red). 

Does anyone have any idea as to what might be going on? 

Couple of thoughts, have you load tested your battery for CCA capacity? Wierd problems like this are often traced to a weak battery.

Also could try resetting the HVAC module. Process: With the doors closed locate the climate control power button on the center dash and depress it simultaneously with the Edge's defrost button. Hold for a few seconds and release. Press the climate control power button one more time and the HVAC should be reset.

• Like 2

check for accident history, specifically front end damage. very common for ambient temp issues to crop up after that.

the reset above will work for dual climate control systems, not sure about manual systems.

ambient lighting is run through the hvac module strangely enough lol.  but assuming that you have Sync/8" screen to go with, you should look into updating the software to revision 3.10, the best and final, which fixed the ambient lighting software issue. now if there is a hardware issue, that's another matter.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W