Dash Warning Light Problem

buckwheat1977

• 1 year later...

This happened to me 10 years ago. Only 10 days after I've purchased my Edge. It went back to the dealer, and after Day #4 they have narrowed it down to a module/junction that, roughly acts like a 'network hub' for all the sensors in the vehicle, and it is mounted just behind the steering wheel.

But after Day #5 they finally found the culprit. Incredible as it seems, the Steering Position Sensor installed just behind the steeringwheel and adjacent of the turn-signal lever. For some strange reason, this sensor was wreaking havoc on the rest of the system, creating false warnings, and even disabling the airconditioning compressor.

It was fixed in April 2008.

Now it's July 2018, and my car is doing the same again. The Instrument Panel is behaving like a Christmas Tree Flashing everything. It's like you're in a Dancing Club.

This time, I hope somebody can tell me that it is a DIY Fixable job.

• 2 years later...

Is it random lights going on or off, or the same ones each time?  I suppose no pics are available since these show up while driving ...

flashing check engine lights are misfires, if that's any help.

check for codes with an OBD scanner.  you can DIY with a Veepeak $11 bluetooth device and Forscan Lite software for your smartphone/tablet.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 5 months later...

Every darn warning light would light up, sometimes more or less . But she is working fine . A couple of times has shut off like if gas is cut off. Otherwise drives wonderfully. I hate to drive around with all those lights on! Put new battery in and work fine for a hour or two! Please any info would appreciate thanks ahead

• 1004ron changed the title to Dash Warning Light Problem
15 minutes ago, fransua said:

I have a 2013 edge sel and having the same problem warning lights all of them lit up. Any help would be appreciated. Drives great but I hate those lights on. Ran diagnostic and all is ok. Please let me know if you find something out! Thanks

You first posted in the ST section - moved here after you posted here as well.

Please update your profile signature with your location and vehicle model and year - https://www.fordedgeforum.com/settings/signature/

On 3/14/2021 at 5:49 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Is it random lights going on or off, or the same ones each time?  I suppose no pics are available since these show up while driving ...

flashing check engine lights are misfires, if that's any help.

check for codes with an OBD scanner.  you can DIY with a Veepeak $11 bluetooth device and Forscan Lite software for your smartphone/tablet.

In my case every warning lights up at al moment I disconet battery for a couple of minutes put it back and all is ok first 10 or 15 minutes then they lite up again , every warning light

37D6C24A-2866-4433-A565-3041D3A3BDB9.jpeg

Hi there to all. I was working with my edge today and I found out a couple of things. I lent it for about a couple of weeks to my daughter. When it came back I noticed a red break warning on the right too plus all the warning lights. The edge is running perfect with no problem at all. I tried to reset doing all kinds of recomendaciones inclusive jumping the negative and positive desconected of course. Well I noticed then I had no fuse in the abs well put it in and reset again and nothing. As I turned the key all will go on immediately inclusive red sguare on right. I believe somebody when I lent the edge took it out. My question is as I put the switch on am I suppose to have 12v or any voltage on fuse connections I have not tried yet. Il try tomorrow.

2 hours ago, fransua said:

Hi there to all. I was working with my edge today and I found out a couple of things. I lent it for about a couple of weeks to my daughter. When it came back I noticed a red break warning on the right too plus all the warning lights. The edge is running perfect with no problem at all. I tried to reset doing all kinds of recomendaciones inclusive jumping the negative and positive desconected of course. Well I noticed then I had no fuse in the abs well put it in and reset again and nothing. As I turned the key all will go on immediately inclusive red sguare on right. I believe somebody when I lent the edge took it out. My question is as I put the switch on am I suppose to have 12v or any voltage on fuse connections I have not tried yet. Il try tomorrow.

For the brake light, did you check the brake fluid level or the fluid level sensor connector? If both are ok confirm that the float is actually up, not stuck down and giving a false warning.

I would highly recommend you get ForScan with a suitable OBD adaptor as it can read diagnostic error codes from all modules, not just the PCM. It would greatly help you diagnose your Ford issues.

Hi there again , I tried the voltage on the fuse and no voltage at all . I have not put the analyzer yet waiting for the check engine to light up. Last time I used it gave mi no codes at all. Does the fuse suppose to have voltage once I turn it on I think it should. And I did check fluid and flowter. I’m 60 years old and I have a good background with mechanics I built my first car from ground up at 16 years of age. But I am somewhat lost with so much electronics on newer cars. Thanks for help ahead.

• 11 months later...