2018 titanium Front Receiver

Because front receivers are typically produced for trucks and other off-road vehicles, I was surprised to find a front receiver produced and available for the Edge, though it is stated to fit only non-Ecoboost 2011-13 models.

Curt Manufacturing's website shows their Edge front receiver as still available while quantities last, implying production of this front receiver has been discontinued.

The last inclusion of this Edge front receiver in Curt Manufacturing's published catalogs was in 2019, so presumably demand was low and updating its fit to later models did not occur.

A search of the Web shows many online retailers selling this Edge front receiver at prices much lower than Curt Manufacturing's website suggested retail price.

My 2015 (GEN-1+Facelift) MKX's front lower bumper crossmember and subframe appear identical to the mounting surface photos shown in Curt Manufacturing's installation manual (PDF direct download link). Additionally, front subframe service part numbers are identical among GEN-1+Facelift Edge (2011-2014) non-Ecoboost & MKX (2011-2015) models.

In a couple of months, I will likely purchase this front receiver, in order to eventually be pushing (instead of backing) my boat into the garage. Once I receive it, I'll update this post with comparative dimensions, especially of mounting holes, in case any other Forum member is contemplating a purchase.

For Gardenman, a local welding/fabricating shop may be able to revise the mounting brackets of this receiver to fit your 2018 Edge, which I expect would be less expensive than having them custom-fabricate a front receiver for you.

Good luck!

Curt Custom-Fit Edge Front Hitch Receiver 31050 -  Hitch Installed -Front Driver Side View Photo.jpg

Edited by Haz