MKZ

enigma-2

Ford garage re-doing my brakes, putting in a new pressure sensor, Works oil change and PTU  flush, so the gave me a new Lincoln MKZ to drive. 

It's nice but wife and I don't really like it. Not a that confortable, too responsive in that every little correction in the steering wheel results in a large correction on the road.

Runs too fast. Just barely step on the gas and every cop in the county starts heading for CR 27. 

No CD player (no i don't like jump drives, takes too long to copy). Nice sound but I like my THX better. Put in a good CD and the sub woofer leaves you with ... oooohhhh hell yes.

Too hard to get into and exit. You don't slide in or out. You "climb" in and out. Too close to the ground as well. 

Sigh, newer isn't always better.

Unrelated, walked through what used to be their showroom. Now a mortuary. Service Manager told me they're now getting some F150's. Ford turned to Microsoft to get chips. Used car lot way down. Scrambling to find good quality used. Rentals coming off Hertz, etc. signing specific deals with big three to sell cars. Most at elevated prices. Still don't know when they'll get Edge or Nautilus'ss yet. Said every empty field in Michigan is packed full of cars. Asked which chips were in shortage. He said all. Including PCM's. Anything custom to specific car specifications. Some Chineese mfgrs went belly up in COVID stoppage. Some survived but lost people. Most switched over to supply non-automotive chips.  Still gearing back up. 

• Like 1

One more complaint. (It's a 2019 MKZ).

Had to pull out in traffic rather fast. Shot up to 70 to get ahead of flow then took my foot of the gas to slow down. This was going around a curve.

Then the engine quit and I lost all power steering. Had to pull like hell to get it back in my lane (2-lane highway).

When I stepped on the brake, the engine started again and I regained power steering.

Engine shut off when I was coasting around a curve.  With no power steering assist, car is difficult to control.