Help with Valuing an Edge

mschlott

My daughter is going to give up her 2013 Edge Sport.   She has barely driven it since she started college and will probably go without a car for a while.   I'm not sure what the market is like right now so I'm looking for input on pricing.   It's a 2013 Sport.   It has the Panoramic sunroof, but hardware that connects the glass to the drive unit is broken so it opens but will not close unless you close it by hand.   Everything else is in near perfect condition.  No significant damage, no tears or smells.   It has 138K miles.   It runs  and drives great.   

What sort of private party price can I expect?

38 minutes ago, mschlott said:

It has the Panoramic sunroof, but hardware that connects the glass to the drive unit is broken so it opens but will not close unless you close it by hand.   

You sure it's broken and not just needing the channels in the roof blown out with an air compressor and lubed with some dry graphite spray lubricant?

Can't help with price other than have you checked what they go for in your state and surrounding on the used car sites? it would give you an idea of value for your area.

Not possible to give an accurate estimate as there are too many variables involved. Location, color, engine, 2wd or awd, packages, remote start, adaptive cruise control, accessories, navigation, BAMR, HID headlights, towing pkg, wheels, tire size, glass damage, fender benders, scratches, tire tread amount, type of maintenence given, aftermarket parts junk, modifications, etc. 

With defective moon roof, price would probably be rated as "fair, major mechanical work required".

Locally, I'm seeing private party prices running from $9,878 to $12,625. (Avg is $11,252). Yours is high milage so lower end. (Local avg is 103,907).

But there are many variables and you need to get the car priced locally with its exact options and physical conditions. Expect the broken roof to cause sales problems as very expensive to repair.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Perblue said:

You sure it's broken and not just needing the channels in the roof blown out with an air compressor and lubed with some dry graphite spray lubricant?

Can't help with price other than have you checked what they go for in your state and surrounding on the used car sites? it would give you an idea of value for your area.

Yes, unfortunately there is a piece of plastic that is broken.   It looks like I can get just that part, aftermarket, but replacing it requires pulling the headliner down.   I'm not good with getting interior back together and looking right.