Replacement Tires on 2007 SEL AWD W/ 18s

cuervoman

Hello to all the Edge owners on this wonderful forum. Well, it is time for new tires on my 2007 SE AWD. Just hit 45K miles and the tires are getting noisy and the wear bumps are showing.

The Edge came with Continental Cross Contact LX. They have been fine but did get too much noise for me after 25K. I have the 18" chrome wheels with the 245-60-18 Tires.

I have always liked Michelin but they are more money. This is mostly highway driving and we do get rain and snow.....I did look at the Michelin Latitude Tour HP and see they are now coming on the new Edge and MKX vehicles.

Does anyone have any input on changing tires? From one brand to another?

Thanks for the help!

Hello to all the Edge owners on this wonderful forum. Well, it is time for new tires on my 2007 SE AWD. Just hit 45K miles and the tires are getting noisy and the wear bumps are showing.

The Edge came with Continental Cross Contact LX. They have been fine but did get too much noise for me after 25K. I have the 18" chrome wheels with the 245-60-18 Tires.

I have always liked Michelin but they are more money. This is mostly highway driving and we do get rain and snow.....I did look at the Michelin Latitude Tour HP and see they are now coming on the new Edge and MKX vehicles.

Thanks for the help!

Hi cuervoman. :D Personally, I am partial to BF Goodrich, Goodyear and Michelin tires, in no particular order.

The Michelin Latitude is a very good tire. Have you checked The Tire Rack LINK: The Tire Rack,

Discount Tire LINK: Discount Tire

or Costco (if you are a member) LINK: Costco for pricing?

I have found those three sites usually offer the best tire prices, even after any shipping charges are figured in. But of course, do not limit your shopping to just those three sellers.

EDIT - Ford also states that they will beat your best price for certain tire brands. However, I have found (at least at my local Ford/Lincoln-Mercury Dealers) that they will only beat local tire retailer prices (not online sellers), they ask for an ad or written price quote etc. So check around.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi cuervoman. :D Personally, I am partial to BF Goodrich, Goodyear and Michelin tires, in no particular order.

The Michelin Latitude is a very good tire. Have you checked The Tire Rack LINK: The Tire Rack,

Discount Tire LINK: Discount Tire

or Costco (if you are a member) LINK: Costco for pricing?

I have found those three sties usually offer the best tire prices, even after any shipping charges are figured in. But of course, do not limit your shopping to just those three sellers. Check around.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I have the latitude tour hp on my 08 Limited (18") and they're fantastic so far. With tires you generally get what you pay for.

Thanks for the help!

We have had excellent results with Cooper tires. The first set we got was due to convenience as they are available at the tire shop 3 blocks from my office. We have been going back to them since based on wear, price, and performance. We have put them on as OEM replacements on a number of vehicles over the years and have been very happy with all of them. I would at least check them out. We will go with Cooper when the tires on our Edge wear out. Good luck!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My 07 Lincoln MKX has the Michelins on it and they have been great. I had a bad experience with Michelin TRX tires on a 1984 sports car and swore I would never buy them again. I expected nothing from the tires on my MKX but have had no problems with them. They are excellent in extreme cold with heavy snow. I will probably buy them again when the current ones need to be replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a set of Latitude Tour 245 60 18 from Costco. I was disappointed that I could not replace the worn Continentals the new LTX M/S2 up here in Canada, I looked everywhere. When I went back to Costco to order the LTX M/S I ordered the latitudes instead for my 07 FWD. I am happy to read these positive notes on the latitude tour here. A few bucks more than the LTX but nothing is too good for my Edge. The more I drive it the more I love it.

I just ordered a set of Latitude Tour 245 60 18 from Costco. I was disappointed that I could not replace the worn Continentals the new LTX M/S2 up here in Canada, I looked everywhere. When I went back to Costco to order the LTX M/S I ordered the latitudes instead for my 07 FWD. I am happy to read these positive notes on the latitude tour here. A few bucks more than the LTX but nothing is too good for my Edge. The more I drive it the more I love it.

I've had both - I like the Latitudes better.

• 1 month later...

We have had a new set of the Latitude tours on our '07 MKX for a month and a few weeks now and they seem to be a vast improvement over the factroy Contis. I think you will be more than impressed with your Michelins also. I'm suprised you got to 45K on the Contis, mine were getting pretty thin at only 30K.

Edited by klc317

• 3 weeks later...
We have had excellent results with Cooper tires. The first set we got was due to convenience as they are available at the tire shop 3 blocks from my office. We have been going back to them since based on wear, price, and performance. We have put them on as OEM replacements on a number of vehicles over the years and have been very happy with all of them. I would at least check them out. We will go with Cooper when the tires on our Edge wear out. Good luck!

I replaced the OEM Hankook @ 29,500 miles with a superior Cooper CS4 H rated...So far these CS4's have been great - even in snowy conditions here in Wisconsin.