Rain sensor not sensitive enough

just wondering if anyone else here has a similar complaint and if anyone knows of a solution to this problem.

the rain sensing feature on my 2020 ST is flaky. sometimes it works well, others it lets so much rain collect on the windshield that it's effectively useless. today it was raining very lightly. very small drops. i needed the wipers to cylce about once every 5 seconds. the best the rain sensing feature would do is once every 20 seconds. after 10 seconds, my sight is becoming degraded by the water gathering on the windshield. if i turn off the automatic rain sensing, the thrid click from the top on the wiper stalk cycles the wiper about once every 5 or 6 seconds which is fine but what's the point of having this feature if it doesn't work?

even in moderate to heavy rain, the wipers sometimes don't wipe as often as i would like them to.

does anyone else here have a similar experience?

is there a way to increase sensitivity so the wipers wipe more frequently? i've maxed out the ring position on the wiper stalk, i.e. it's all the way up.

yes, the windshield is clean and the sensor area clear.

it's far too many menu clicks to be changing this all the time and i'll probably choose to leave the automatic rain sensing off rather than turn it off and on all the time.

5 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Someone in another forum thought road grime (oil getting on windshield) was responsible for making to wipers too sensitive. Can always just turn them down to low setting when it happens. 

my complaint is the opposite: not sensitive enough and the setting is as far as it will go. but it is interesting to see that grime could affect it. maybe i shouldn't clean my windows so much!