Stubby radio antenna?

Whenever I run across an aftermarket part, I usually check with what others write about the product.

I focus on 1-star write-ups as the 5-star are often either the seller or purchasers who have been given the product for free or reduced price for a five star write-up. (I've been offered a reduced price of 50% for a 5-star write-up on Amazon). 

That being said, here's what one user has to say about a stubby he purchased:

I replaced the OEM antenna from my Mazda tribute with this one since I don't like the long original one, It's small, esthetic, easy to install but that's it, the signal dropped at least 70% but it's not a big deal for me because I am not a radio "consumer". Overall if you want something small and nice this one is ok for you.

Many 1-star write-ups stated they bought for ascetic and not performance.

There are dozens of stubbys for sale on Amazon. Make certain you read the user reviews for the one you sect before buying. Most are junk - a hunk of cheap plastic with a piece if wire stuck in it.

I would expect that the OEM has a bottom loaded coil built into it (makes it appear as a longer wire to the coming signal).

For reference, you can buy an aftermarket unit that matches OEM specifications for under $8. 

https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/AC/24000-07539889.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_content=TS&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Base&utm_term=2007-2015+Ford+Edge+Antenna+Mast+SKP+07-15+Ford+Antenna+Mast+2009+2010&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Basecid=6774379819&aid=79287199093&keyword=833361262770%3A%3Apla-833361262770&kid=833361262770&gclid=CjwKCAiA_omPBhBBEiwAcg7smeA0bShu9Inffv0C3h36V_9Ms31y5MDEMP7mV7GICbzHKyuAjPbJtBoCmVMQAvD_BwE

Edited by enigma-2