High Pitch Sound

Black and White

• 4 weeks later...

My original fuel pump was replaced on my MKX at about 6,500 kms (Engine would shut off while driving - but only immediately after the tank was filled with gas). This pump was making a high pitched whine intermittently. The replacement pump is much worse and whines constantly. If you have good hearing you can easily hear it. It is very annoying since it sounds like you have a ringing in your ears. My dealership has confirmed this problem and contacted Ford but they stated that Ford told them that the pump is working as designed and will not do anything about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information folks, I thought I was losing my mind. My 07 MKX started making the high pitched whining sound intermittently starting back in October 08. You can definitely hear it inside the cabin and outside the car when it occurs. Never would have thought it was the fuel pump since I have never owned a car that the pump made that kind of noise or any noise for that matter. I thought it was something in the rear of the vehicle because that is where I thought the noise originally was coming from when I first noticed it.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the information folks, I thought I was losing my mind. My 07 MKX started making the high pitched whining sound intermittently starting back in October 08. You can definitely hear it inside the cabin and outside the car when it occurs. Never would have thought it was the fuel pump since I have never owned a car that the pump made that kind of noise or any noise for that matter. I thought it was something in the rear of the vehicle because that is where I thought the noise originally was coming from when I first noticed it.

I am going to cross post here. Read the any one have a whining noise? on the 08Edge and MKX board. We all seem to be talking about the same thing.

• 2 months later...