2014 Update Sync or not?

Hello, I just bought a Used 2014 Edge SE.   Dealer said Nav wasn't working(probably contributed to the lower than average cost I paid for it).  Turns out, Nav actually does work when the SD is put in the RIGHT way. Card is way outdated A4.    

Ford site says there's a Sync update available to 3.10.  BUT, I have seen on this and other forums that updating to this version caused several people to lose their Navigation.   I have found that it can be added back for little to no cost, if you have or know someone who has Forscan and is willing to do it for a couple beers.  But, I don't, I think,  and that's just extra steps as far as I'm concerned. 

I'm wondering if it's even worth it to try to update my Sync to this version.  Did it add any features or fix any bugs? 

Is there a secret menu in the Touch where you can see what Sync Version is currently installed?  What if previous owner updated but didn't follow through with the Verification step?  

Is there a way to VERIFY that my Edge CAME with Nav from the factory?  

What are the benefits of updating to 3.10 in 2022?

Did it add any features, usability improvements, or fix any bugs that I haven't experienced yet, but will if I keep it on 3.8(or is it 3.08)? 

Is there another version update after 3.10? 

Also, is there a not-so-secret Secret way to update the Nav version to the most recent(12?) without paying Ford over $100 for it? 

Thanks in advance for your time and POLITE, RELEVANT responses.

• 5 months later...

Ive got a 14’ Ltd with Nav, has the A11 from 2 years ago, just ordered a non Ford A13 off Amazon, about $58 vs Ford parts wanting $190.  Will advise how it seems to be working.  The few comments (9) on the Amazon listing were positive, mostly MKZ, Edge and Fusion owners who tried it.

I believe the OP was talking about updating the Sync system.

In reading the remarks off Amazon, I usually start with the 1-star comments.

Reading the 5-star comments, where they report that the Chinese card worked perfectly at the beginning. The ones I'm most interested in are the ones that report that it failed after 40 days. Or started resetting the nav system while it was working. 

You see a lot of people bragging how great something is, just after the bought it. But very few will come back weeks, months or years later and report that the Chineese junk failed and they were out the bucks.

Keep in mind your buying something that was made in some Chineese backyard with no quality control.

I really hope you A13 cards works over the long run, but you must forgive my skepticism in dealing with Chineese clones.