Sync4 and Android Auto issues

2021 Ford Edge ST. pixel Pro 6 with Android Auto. Both current updates. Whether I use wifi or USB to connect AA, I get random disconnects and sometimes need to reboot phone. Happens more frequently on longer rides. Anyone else? Anyone find an answer? Worked fine with same cables on my last car with AA and my wife's Toyota.

• 4 months later...

Hi there! Not sure if anyone will read that!

I have the same problem, but with iPhone!

carplay would just randomly disconnect itself. 
I traded my 2014 Ford Edge sport for 2022 Ford Edge STline. Full of regrets. So today I was once again at the dealer. They are trying to convince me that this is my phone not performing. I have iphone8. Not sure if I believe them. I do not have built in satnav. Totally hate my car now.

Ordered a new phone and waiting to see if this nonsense will stop.  

I had a Sync update that was pending and with the help of a friend who has FDRS I updated the APIM

I went from Sync 22028 Rev 358 to Sync 22228 Rev 539

It added a bunch of things that other Sync 4 vehicles have and so far it’s improved how responsive Sync is. I don’t have a Pixel to test Android Auto but there is a pretty big Sync update coming. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mavdoeslife said:

I had a Sync update that was pending and with the help of a friend who has FDRS I updated the APIM

I went from Sync 22028 Rev 358 to Sync 22228 Rev 539

It added a bunch of things that other Sync 4 vehicles have and so far it’s improved how responsive Sync is. I don’t have a Pixel to test Android Auto but there is a pretty big Sync update coming. 

Since updating earlier today CarPlay has been working much more reliably and has been responding faster. Update also added a bunch of games.

IMG_0210.jpg

• Like 1