Rear Seat Delete !

-  to the point...

I'm in the process of converting my 2007 Edge into a camper.

I pulled out the rear seat in order to build a sleep platform with storage underneath.

Now the car won't start !!!!!!!

Motor turns over just fine fine but won't fire up.

Going back to the last thing I did - there are 2 clips that I had to detach in order to remove the seat.

I'm hoping I can 'jumper' the clips and it will solve my problem - on the other hand if that shorts out the computer I'm sunk ! LOL !!!!

Any 'knowledgeable' advice out there ?????

SAM_2911.JPG

SAM_2908.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully by now, you have determined the root cause of your Edge's no-start condition.

The connectors in your photos were attached to the left & right Rear Seat Release Actuators that facilitated the remote fold-down of the rear seat backs.

Good luck!

Power Seat Release Wiring Diagram - 2007 Edge Workshop Manual.jpg

Rear Seat Release Actuator Connector Location, Left Side - 2007 Edge Workshop Manual.jpg

Rear Seat Release Actuator Connector Location, Right Side - 2007 Edge Workshop Manual.jpg

Edited by Haz

I have an OBD code reader - 'No Codes' 

I reinstalled the 'yaw sensor' , the passenger side seat release actuator and grounded a loose wire.

The car fired once then died again .

Talked to a retired Ford Engineer this morning - he wasn't familiar with this system but he recommended replacing the lost parts & possibly having a dealership reflash (?) the CPU .

I'd really like to bypass the whole mess - who's gonna steal an 07 Edge with 150K ???? - but right now I'll take what I can get !!! LOL !

Based on what you previously said, (and I'm only thinking outloud), any possibly you unplugged the fuel pump? Only other thing I can think of in the rear that would prevent a start is the fuel.pump shut off switch may be unplugged (the one that triggers in an accident). 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Based on what you previously said, (and I'm only thinking outloud), any possibly you unplugged the fuel pump? Only other thing I can think of in the rear that would prevent a start is the fuel.pump shut off switch may be unplugged (the one that triggers in an accident). 

Fuel pump was the first thing I thought of - could not hear it pump with key on.

After removing the access plate to to verify the electrical connection I pulled the fuel like - No Pressure !

I used a credit on Amazon to buy a new one - reasoning that even if that was not the problem it was due to go after 150,000 miles - they don't last forever !

I can hear it pumping now with the key on - still No Start .

When the fuel pump failed, the rail depressurized. Try pressing the accelerator all the way to the floor and crank the engine for 3-4 seconds. Then do it again. Then try starting normally. This should repressurize the fuel rail.

(FWIW, lack of fuel pressure should have thrown a code).