2020 edge - Air conditioner not working each spring

Is anyone having issues with their Ford Edge 2020 air conditioning each spring? I’ve had the car since brand new and after both winters my air conditioning doesn’t work. Is it true there is a Freon leak or thst it’s something to do with O rings? I’ve heard both, either way there’s an issue to be recalled from my perspective.

Air Conditioning System

Running the air conditioner during the winter will help prevent the car’s cooling system components from wasting away. This helps reduce the loss of refrigerant which occurs when the air conditioning unit is not used for extended periods of time. It also helps keep up the service life of the vehicle, reducing the need for to take the car to a local Longmont auto repair shop for expensive cooling system repairs. Those who opt not to run their air conditioning system during the winter months should make sure they at least run it for 30 minutes once a week. This will help keep the system active and fluids flowing through the a/c compressor.

https://stonumautomotive.com/running-cars-air-conditioner-winter-good-bad/

10 hours ago, RedRocket32 said:

Is anyone having issues with their Ford Edge 2020 air conditioning each spring? I’ve had the car since brand new and after both winters my air conditioning doesn’t work. Is it true there is a Freon leak or thst it’s something to do with O rings? I’ve heard both, either way there’s an issue to be recalled from my perspective.

Have you been taking it in to the dealer each time?  What have they told you was wrong?  

Edited by Will2U

I occasionally flip on the windshield defroster as it not only directs airflow onto the glass, it also runs the a/c. The refrigerant flow relubricants the seals.

Most common place that leaks are the Schrader Valves (where the high and low hoses connect). One way to possibly tell is to remove the dust caps and see if you can see the residue of leaking refrigerant and oil. Valves are cheap and should be  changed whenever the system needs service.