Limited FCIM

Yukulu

I have a 2013 ford edge Limited with the black capacitive touch screen FCIM. Having issues with the AC button turning itself on and off. Have done the reset, checked fuses and everything else. Seems it is the FCIM that is bad and needs replaced. I have a replacement ordered but it is 4-6 weeks out. I have seen post where someone has opened it up and used a heat gun to make the control pad stick together and remove air bubbles. I was going to try this but cannot figure out how to open it up to get to the yellow control pad. Can anyone help me get this opened up to try this? Pictures would be great. 

Front Control Interface Module (FCIM) illustrations and instructions from the 2013 Edge Workshop Manual, with PDF download links below...

Good luck!

88769729_FCIMExplodedViewIllustration-2013EdgeWorkshopManual.thumb.jpg.198e3ebd9caee39da8dce53b129e56d7.jpg

689769338_FCIMExplodedViewIllustrationLegend-2013EdgeWorkshopManual.thumb.jpg.17b9c78c64537eaabb9cd509de9c46dd.jpg

Removal and Installation

Edge

1. Remove the LH and RH floor console upper finish moulding. For additional information, refer to the floor console exploded view.
  2. Place the transmission selector lever in neutral.
  3. NOTE: The floor console selector lever panel does not need to be removed.

Remove the 4 screws, detach the 2 clips and position the floor console selector lever trim panel back.
  1. Remove the 6 Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) screws and remove the FCIM .
    • Disconnect the electrical connector.

5. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

FCIM Enlarged Exploded View Illustration - 2013 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) Removal and Installation - 2013 Edge-MKX Workshop Manual.pdf

Floor Console Finish Panels - Exploded View Illustration - 2013 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Left & Right Upper Console Trim with Clips Illustration - 2013 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

• Like 2