2014 multiple warnings and no start

Toad

I hate for this to be my first post, but Hi I'm Todd from South Carolina.

My 75 year old mom has a 2014 Ford Edge. I guess it's the sport model. It has 22 inch wheels and the ecoboost but feels like it's Front Wheel drive only. She's never really had any problems and always had it serviced and only drives it a couple times a week probably 50 miles total. Today she was turning around in her yard (big and grassy). She said once she got turned around, a lot of warnings started showing and the car turned itself off. 

I leave work (no scanner with me) and go look at it. It shows and Advancetrac warning, collision something not working, blind spot detection not working, and the Ford audio lady says 911 is not available. ACC on will work with first press of start button, but no start or relay click or anything when brake is pressed and start button is pressed to start. It just shows those warnings. Battery is only 1 year old. I disconnected for a few minutes and reconnected to see if it would clear the codes and start but got nothing. 

Anyone have anything similar happen?

Welcome to the Forum, and no regrets are necessary when you're being a good son.

Best to get the battery tested to ensure it it doesn't have a bad cell, since tender age does not guarantee a trouble-free battery.

Multiple communications DTCs often occur from a failing or failed battery's low voltage output.

If you do replace the current battery with new, you may already be aware of this advice from the 2014 Edge Workshop Manual...

NOTE: When the battery (or PCM) is disconnected and connected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy. The charging system set point may also vary. The vehicle may need to be driven to relearn its strategy.

Carry out the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Reset using the scan tool after the battery is connected. If the BMS Reset is not carried out, it takes approximately 8 hours for the Body Control Module (BCM) to learn the new battery state of charge. During this 8 hour period, the vehicle must be undisturbed, with no doors opened or keyless entry button presses. If the vehicle is used before the BCM is allowed to learn the new battery state of charge, engine off load shedding can still occur and a message may be displayed.

Good luck!

• Like 1