Factory Backup Camera Add and Infotainment Swap - Sync 2 to Sync 3

I have a 2014 Ford Edge SEL without the backup camera.  It has the basic Sync CD player 4.3" sound system and it has the dual climate control ac controls.  Can I add the factory backup camera and perhaps some other necessary modules to enable the backup camera?  Or does the backup camera require the touch screen navigation system?  I'm also interested in and willing to upgrade to the factory MySync 2 or 3 system if doable.  I'm good with custom electronics and willing to do some pretty dirty work scrounging parts and putting the work in.  Thanks.

• 1004ron changed the title to Factory Backup Camera Add and Infotainment Swap - Sync 2 to Sync 3

If you want to go from a 4" display to an 8" display, and sync 2 to sync 3, you're looking at changing a lot of components. While you could accumulate each part separately and figure out the software changes, it might be more advisable to buy a kit from a company that can provide all the parts and preprogram it for you. Here's one system,

https://www.infotainment.com/products/2011-2018-ford-edge-4-to-8-sync-3-touchscreen-upgrade