Hello From Naples

Grandwazoo62

Greetings,

I winter in FL and used to keep a 2018 Jeep Compass here. It was okay for when I wasn't here much, but when I stayed for several months it had to go. It was reliable but had no power and could barely get out of its own way and the tranny was clunky.

Did some research and decided on an Edge ST. I traded in the Jeep and bought a 2022 Race Red ST used with 7500 miles.

I thought it was a good deal but there was a drawback. It was a BMW dealership and nobody knew anything about the Edge as far as controls, etc.

My other vehicles are primitive by comparison lol, so it's taking some time before I know what it can do.
But LOVE the get up and go and am actually looking forward to the drive North.
Looking forward to learning more from the experts.

Damn glad to be here!

• Like 1

Welcome and glad you are enjoying your ST!

Even a Ford dealer would not be able to fully explain all the gadgets and gizmos, but with it being current and similar to others, maybe a little.

I think after 4 months I have probably used all options, and other than trying to figure out why sometimes the heated seats default to on (it was 99 degrees yesterday, so...no more heated seat please), got a handle on them. Last thing was someone turned off Lane Keeping and it took me a second to find the button at the end of the turn signal stalk to re-enable it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ebank said:

After 18 months of ownership, I'm still not brave enough to try the self parking feature.

For me using the Stop and Go part of adaptive cruise was the thing I was apprehensive about, once I got used to adaptive cruise in general. It is great in stop and go traffic on the interstate, however I do need to go with 2 bars instead of my normal 1, as 0-65-0 triggered the impending collision warning a few times (I was ready for it and braked manually before it was an issue).

My parents have a 2020 Explorer Platinum (since 2019) with all the good stuff (my 2019 Edge SEL is missing a lot of what the OPs ST has), and they don't use much of the tech either, they still back up by turning their heads and looking out the back window, for example, let alone let it try to park itself.

• Like 2