2nd TED unit changed. Seat works.

Passenger seat heat/cool stopped working back on May. Dealer changed seat TED unit. Said it was a little over $800 but extended warranty covered it 100%. Seat stopped working next day. Dealer diagnosed that seat back TED had failed. Surmised that seat unit took out the seat back unit when it failed. 

The extended warranty ran out June 1st, but they went back and added the unit onto the original the service order, and filed with warranty. Only got a glimpse of the dealer's copy of the service order, was $921. Uh Ya. For a TED unit.

Also had a no start couple of days ago, cranked and tried to start, but couldn't. Gas related. Started on second attempt no problem. 2nd time this happened. (About 9-10 months ago). Also died while driving once last winter. Restarted immediately. 

So I had them check the purge valve. Tested ok, told me they used the computer to open and close the valve on demand, several times, and it worked flawlessly. But  seeings how it's intermittent, it didn't surprise me. Happens one more time and I'll change the valve.

Anything else I should be considering?

I replaced my evap purge valve and the only symptoms was a minor stumble at idle immediately after gassing up and a stored error code  - haven't had any further issues since installing the new evap purge valve.

I doubt that an evap purge valve could cause it to die while driving.

• Like 1

Agree. When it stalled, we were driving in town (slow), it was really hot, we had just started off from a traffic signal and the a/c compressor had just kicked on. Think the load was too high, never done it before or after.  

Hate these once-in-a-great-while faults. Aren't enough to set a code but real pita.