2019-titanium 4 or st v6 ?

have a 13 limited 3.5 that has given me NO problemc in 89000 miles. thinking about a 19

titanium , but hate 4 cyl motors, and havent read alot of good about the  2.0 reliiability .

would i be better off with an st with the 2.7? dont need the performance, but drivtrainwise would i have more piece of mind ?

thanks for any input. irv

I think that the 2.7 is a better engine than the 2.0, but the 2019 Edge 2.0 fixes the biggest issue with the previous 2.0, the coolant intrusion issue. It does add a different cooling failure, EGR cooler leak, but that is much cheaper to fix if it happens.

The ST does have a beefier transmission, I don't know of any known issues with this first year (2019) 8 speed, either the 8F35 (2.0) or the 8F57 (2.7).

I also have an older 3.5 powered vehicle, and switch between it and the 2019 Edge with the 2.0. I still like the 3.5 but it is in a lighter AWD car. The GTDI engines are addictive, just for normal performance and mileage if driven right, but have that extra power on tap if you don't mind the fuel mileage hit.

I would have loved a 2.7 powered Edge, but not the ST larger wheels or blacked out trim, they are not my style. I guess a Lincoln MKX/Nautilus would be more my speed with the 2.7 but too much of a premium cost over the Edge.

6 hours ago, dabangsta said:

I think that the 2.7 is a better engine than the 2.0, but the 2019 Edge 2.0 fixes the biggest issue with the previous 2.0, the coolant intrusion issue. It does add a different cooling failure, EGR cooler leak, but that is much cheaper to fix if it happens.

The ST does have a beefier transmission, I don't know of any known issues with this first year (2019) 8 speed, either the 8F35 (2.0) or the 8F57 (2.7).

I also have an older 3.5 powered vehicle, and switch between it and the 2019 Edge with the 2.0. I still like the 3.5 but it is in a lighter AWD car. The GTDI engines are addictive, just for normal performance and mileage if driven right, but have that extra power on tap if you don't mind the fuel mileage hit.

I would have loved a 2.7 powered Edge, but not the ST larger wheels or blacked out trim, they are not my style. I guess a Lincoln MKX/Nautilus would be more my speed with the 2.7 but too much of a premium cost over the Edge.

i really like my 13 and am wondering ,after reading all the problems, if i should kee what i have. cant get 

chrome wheels anymore and i dont like anything with blackouts. im old and old school. not even gonna gain much in mileage anprobably more problems than i want. been a ford guy all my life, but im startin g to lok at some gm sus's.