Running rich after replacing bad injectors.

madmedic446

2010 Edge Limited 3.5L

Mom's car.

All started with a bad injector. (code P025 Injector circuit open - cylinder 5).

Up until the injector went bad, the car was running OK and had no codes.

I replaced all of the injectors with new Bosch injectors ordered from Rock Auto. (The old injectors looked horrible)

I also replaced the spark plugs, and coils.

I drove it around for a couple hours, and it ran great. (better than it did before the injector went bad).

Gave the car back to my mom, and the next day the check engine light came back on. ("P0172 Bank 1 system too rich", and "P0175 Bank 2 system too rich")

I replaced the MAF, the purge valve, and all 4 O2 sensors.   Still getting the P0172 and P0175 codes returning after driving.

Coolant temp sensor appears to be reading fine.

Long term fuel trim is very negative (like -25 or something) meaning the computer is taking away fuel to try an lean out the mix.

I bought a fuel pressure gauge, and I'm going to check that Tomorrow....but it would seem like if that was the issue, it would have had problems before I changed the injectors. (Unless it is possible the bad injectors were so clogged that it actually ran ok with the fuel pressure too high???)

Also considering the possibility that I got a defective new injector.  (Wouldn't I have to have at least TWO defective injectors to have BOTH banks running rich?)

The one other thing I am wondering about is there was a lot of motor oil in the intake, so I am going to change the PCV valve, and maybe try a catch can, but I don't know if that would cause it to read as running rich. (And again... That had to be going on before I changed the injectors).

Any thoughts, opinions, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by madmedic446
typo

• 2 weeks later...