2.0 Turbo Purge Valve location.

Mike56

I have been getting the P0456 code after erasing it a few times. It has been running rough upon acceleration. I cleaned the fuel inlet area, Filled a few tanks with high octane fuel and used a few cans of Sea Foam. Still chugging upon acceleration. My next course is the canister purge valve. I've seen on this group that the purge valve is location near the rear axle, however not true. It looks like it's under the air filter box. Any suggestions on a fix? 

2020 Ford Edge SEL  2.0 Turbo

On 8/24/2023 at 2:05 PM, Mike56 said:

I have been getting the P0456 code after erasing it a few times. It has been running rough upon acceleration. I cleaned the fuel inlet area, Filled a few tanks with high octane fuel and used a few cans of Sea Foam. Still chugging upon acceleration. My next course is the canister purge valve. I've seen on this group that the purge valve is location near the rear axle, however not true. It looks like it's under the air filter box. Any suggestions on a fix? 

2020 Ford Edge SEL  2.0 Turbo

The symptoms associated with P0456 is rough idle, with no other performance issues, so the rough acceleration is something else.

When I replaced my evap purge valve on my 2.7L the service manager mentioned that the code is most often resolved with the replacement of this valve, but a very limited number have needed to replace the canister vent vale near the rear axle.

The P0456 points to the evap purge valve typically mounted close to or on top of the engine, as is the case with my 2.7L, but could also be the canister vent valve or poor sealing gas cap.

How's the coolant level - losing any coolant?

Maybe @Haz can help with more info.

Edited by 1004ron