Sudden Issues With Sync Screen

Watrat

Good evening. Have a 2019 Ford Edge SEL and for the first time since I bought the car the sync screen rebooted as I started the car and then eventually went black. I tried shutting off car and opening door for a minute or so but still black screen. Waited a half hour and it came back on. Now two things are happening either the reverse camera stays on all the time or the screen doesn’t shut off after I stop and exit car. Have done a couple of soft reboots and it gets me out of the reverse camera screen. Just wondering if there is anything I can do on my own before calling dealer. 

What version of the software do you have? There was a new release within the last week that seems to fix some related issues.

I had rev 22251 and I was in denial about other people posting about the screen going black but still playing last input. But it eventually happened to me numerous times. I did the "soft reset" (which is pressing seek up (=>) and power at the same time) until it reset. That fixed it, but it would happen again within a day or 2, sometimes in the same drive cycle.

I checked the OTA updates and didn't show one, but the Ford support page did (23188) and I did the update via a USB drive and so far no black screens again. Some other users think that the black screen was related to temperature, I didn't see it when ambient temps were in the 110's and interior temps in excess of 140 degrees, but a bit later when it cooled off to around 100.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

2013 Ford Edge Sport 70k miles. Suddenly/recently: Same symptoms. Black screen. SYNC performing system maintenance. Sometimes everything is fine, others black screen or faded FORD emblem. No access to radio, phone or back up camera. Did a Master reset but still happening. Do I need to replace the APIM as others have suggested? What does that cost?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...