2013 Ford Edge SEL: Can remote start be added with SYNC ?

I've owned this about a year now, and someone mentioned because my vehicle has SYNC, it might be possible to get an app to enable remote starting on my phone. Does anyone know anything about this? What is the best way to find out about this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by 1004ron

SyncConnect/FordConnect wasn't introduced until 2019 for the Edge. That is what allows things like start, lock, unlock from the FordPass app. It started appearing on vehicles after the next generation of SYNC from yours (you have SYNC 2, SYNC with MyFord Touch) which was SYNC 3, but it is separate functionality even from SYNC 3, and the Edge got that in 2016 but not FordConnect until 2019.

dabangsta - so you're saying the 2016 should have the ability to start/lock/unlock from an app?  I have it on my 2019 F-250, and it works great  I added the Edge to that app, but it does not have the start/lock/unlock stuff on it like the truck.  Is it a different app that enables it?  If so, which app will do this?

9 hours ago, edjunior said:

dabangsta - so you're saying the 2016 should have the ability to start/lock/unlock from an app?  I have it on my 2019 F-250, and it works great  I added the Edge to that app, but it does not have the start/lock/unlock stuff on it like the truck.  Is it a different app that enables it?  If so, which app will do this?

I don't think the Edge got it until 2019. The 2018 Brochure mentions FordPass app but only to use to find gas stations, not actually connect to the car. But I own a 2019 and haven't owned an earlier SYNC 3 Edge. My 2017 Escape had it, but didn't have it for 2016 when SYNC 3 was introduced in that vehicle.