2011 Edge Heat issues

My 2011 Edge, with Sync and the touch screen, is having heat issues.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, sometimes it will blow hot, sometimes it will blow cold.  Sometimes when it is blowing cold I can switch which vents it is using and it will start blowing hot, then after several minutes it will go cold again without making any changes to the controls.  I also noticed when switching the vents around when I had it on foot and defrost the foot was blowing cold and the defrost was warm, same when I had it on foot and dash, the dash was warm and the foot was cold.  I have been trying to see a pattern in the last few days, but I have not been able to establish one.  Seems to just be random when it will do whatever it wants to.  Any ideas what I should look for?  I'd rather not spend another grand at the dealer.  Thanks.

It sounds like a blend door issue.  Either the blend door, or maybe the module for it.  I don't know how to diagnose or track down, but the symptoms sound familiar to those reported on the F-250 forum I'm on.  Not as much for the newer trucks, but it was a fairly common issue on the older trucks, including the 2011s.  I had to have mine replaced on my 2008  Was about $800 back then (2010).  Hopefully someone will be along shortly with some additional info.

you can try resetting the climate control. may take a few tries. then there is programming update by the dealer. the final stage is actually replace both blend door actuators. this is all assuming the cooling and a/c system are working as intended.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2013+ford+edge+sel+climate+control+reset+

• Like 2

OK, I did the reset procedure in one of the videos, and that worked for a couple of days, then I had to do it again.  I don't have a problem resetting it often, but is there something to look at when I have to reset it every day or two to get heat?  FWIW, over the summer I had the blower motor fail, and I replaced it with an aftermarket one.  It seems that I started having issues of one sort or another shortly after that.  This was all shortly after it was in the dealer for a month or so for a running problem.  Could that have had something to do with it?  I have looked and it doesn't seem that there is anything in the way of the blend motors.