Excessive exhaust from weep hole.

interesting. probably the weep hole is rusted open to a larger caliber than it was originally. 

also possible that rust inside one or both of the mufflers has allowed some internal baffle to move, causing a restricted path for flow, forcing the weep hole to dump more

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cerberus said:

interesting. probably the weep hole is rusted open to a larger caliber than it was originally. 

also possible that rust inside one or both of the mufflers has allowed some internal baffle to move, causing a restricted path for flow, forcing the weep hole to dump more

Thanks for the input.

Yeah, it's odd that it's only that 1 weep hole flowing that much air.

Even if it was more open than others, I would expect to see some air out the other ones (assuming it was normal).

I've never seen exhaust come out of weep holes before. Water (condensation) yes, but not actual flowing exhaust.

Or maybe all the others are blocked off, so any small leaks that would normally be distributed across all of them are forced through one.

There are at least 4 weep holes, 2 in resonator and 2 in muffler.

Anyway, I think there is a block or partial block in the exhaust somewhere, but it sucks that the exhaust from the flex pipe all the way to the tail pipes is 1 piece (includes the resonator).

I've thought about cutting the exhaust between the resonator and the muffler to see if it goes away.

If cutting the muffler off does not help the issue, than it's inside the resonator. If it does fix it, then it's in the muffler.

Can always reconnect with some sections of exhaust pipe and some welding.

5 hours ago, Odrapnew said:

If cutting the muffler off does not help the issue, than it's inside the resonator. If it does fix it, then it's in the muffler.

Can always reconnect with some sections of exhaust pipe and some welding.

hell, you can forgo the welding and just sleeve and clamp it if you don't have the welding tools or ability.

from the size of the flow stream out the weep hole, it looks like it is opened up to 3/8 inch dia..

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

hell, you can forgo the welding and just sleeve and clamp it if you don't have the welding tools or ability.

from the size of the flow stream out the weep hole, it looks like it is opened up to 3/8 inch dia..

Sleeve and clamp isn't a bad idea.

I'll see if I can get a better picture of the hole tomorrow, but here's one I took the other day. I can't tell if that's carbon buildup around the hole or maybe it's rusting away. The front drain hole on the resonator doesn't have any carbon staining.

20240224_132743.jpg