Motul VI ATF

Spsfrank

Hello i am interested in using Motul VI ATF in my 2020 ford edge ST transmission has anyone used this before or any other product from Motul. I have friends who have used it in other vehicles with good success. Anyone here try that yet on any of there ST's ? thank you 

1 hour ago, Nhorn1983 said:

MY 21 ST also calls for ULV Fluid. The ST and non ST transmissions are the same except for gearing. I would strongly suggest not using anything other than Ford or Valvoline ULV fluid in your Edge.

They are not the same transmissions. the 2.0 gets the 8F35, and the 2.7 gets the 8F57 (which in your 2021 is software 7 speed). 8 (speed) F (FWD) 35/57 (torque handling limit).

They do both use Mercon ULV fluid. The fluid that the OP asks about has that ir meets the OE performance of Mercon ULV (and every other version of Mercon and almost all other fluids in history, maybe a red flag there, and I don't think it really says it was licensed to meet the requirements).

Thank you for the replies. I am going to do a drain and fill on the transmission. I was not sure on using anything else but what ford recommends. I will purchase some Mercon ULV. I have another question about the PTU fluid. I believe the fluid is around 85 weight fluid. Has anyone used Redline Lightweight Shockproof fluid for the PTU yet ? or any other type of fluid. I am looking for a better alternative

There is no "about" or "sorta" spec, it specifies the weight you need in the owners manual. It changed with the 2019 release and the different PTU with disconnect. You can play around with not going with specified fluids but I am pretty sure there was at least a modicum of engineering and testing to and design that makes the requirements specific.

What about licensed Mercon ULV or specific weight gear lube for the PTU are trying to improve on? Lifespan of fluid? Noise? Performance? Life of transmission/PTU?

Posted (edited)

Yes I am interested in improving the  life of transmission and ptu by improving the fluid. I understand that the ford has specifications on fluid but does is not say to not change the fluid until 150,000 miles. i question the life fluid idea from the factory, I can change the fluid early with Mercon ULV and have but I was wondering about trying another type. On the Motul website when you put in the vehicle information they recommend Motul ATF VI so I thought it was interesting.

Edited by Spsfrank