FL2123 vs FL910S (vs FL400S)

dabangsta

Ford dealer handed me an FL2123 instead of an FL910S (FL910S not readily available anymore locally via auto parts store or Walmart). I declined and got them from Rockauto and put off the oil change.

While I understand that it seems like it is a new manufacturer for it, and they call it an OE Performance replacement, I don't see things like the silicone ADBV (and not real clear if that is needed with the orientation of it anyways in this usage), anyone seen anything about this and other FL2xxx replacements for other common Ford ones (my 3.5 takes an FL500S and the dealer had none of it in stock either)? The S denotes the silicone ADBV and is obvious to see through the holes at the mating side, don't see it with the FL2123.

Do most here use the larger FL400S in place of the FL910S?

Thanks! I scoured their videos and didn't see one, and boom a new one was created. I wonder if that black ADBV is actually black silicone. I agree the new one looks like Champ made ones (maybe not the $2 one but not the higher end one either), and I think the FL-910S is still better. Still on the fence about the FL-400S upgrade. When I am under there changing the oil this weekend I will see if there are any reasons to not go with the longer one with more filter area.

I did find a PDF with an exploded view and they also say it has a silicone ADBV I guess the other manufacturer uses red to make it stand out from the nitrile ones?

OEP.pdf