Replacing all brake lines (Front & Rear) Ford Edge ST

Replaced front brake rotors + pads last weekend using Power stop slotted and cross drilled rotors. Also bled both front brakes.  Braking seems improved from before.

I want to improve brake pedal feel so I ordered Front and Rear Rotora stainless steel brake lines. I will be using Motive Tools brake bleeding kit.

Any special techniques or advice when bleeding the rear or front brakes that is specific to this vehicle?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, garycrist said:

I have them on my Fox Mustang and it does help modulate the pedal.

Something I would like more of on our ST.

Great to hear! Do you know if I need to place the parking brake into maintenance mode to perform a brake line replacement?

Edited by So_Cal_Aviator

29 minutes ago, Nick Halstead said:

Swapping to a better brake fluid will usually do what you are looking for without changing brake lines

Using Motorcraft Dot 4 currently. What do you recommend?

I already purchased the aftermarket lines and was going to try them out anyways. I always upgrade to SS lines on most of my vehicles.

4 hours ago, So_Cal_Aviator said:

Using Motorcraft Dot 4 currently. What do you recommend?

I already purchased the aftermarket lines and was going to try them out anyways. I always upgrade to SS lines on most of my vehicles.

Motorcraft DOT 4 will be fine. Performance brake fluids have their advantages but typically have shorter shelf and service life.

I've installed SS Brake lines on a few vehicles. The improvement in pedal feel is worth the cost.

Edited by handfiler

15 hours ago, handfiler said:

Motorcraft DOT 4 will be fine. Performance brake fluids have their advantages but typically have shorter shelf and service life.

I've installed SS Brake lines on a few vehicles. The improvement in pedal feel is worth the cost.

Thanks for the info. Look forward to feeling the difference. I noticed improved braking with new PowerStop slotted rotors and pads but the brake pedal feel has always left “something to be desired”.