HID LOW BEAMS & FOGS

Has anyone had a problem with HIDs installed for both low beams and fog lights?

Hi 1nutsvt. :D Some people have installed these aftermarket HID kits and had no problems, while others have nothing but problems (non-functioning lights, lights that will not fire up properly, "Bulb out Warnings", etc etc). So chances of success seem to be a toss up.

One word of warning, in case you were not aware: All aftermarket HID kits are illegal for on road use in the U.S and Canada, in the low beam position. You can use them in the fog light position legally.

Not trying to talk you out of anything, just providing relevant information.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi 1nutsvt. :D Some people have installed these aftermarket HID kits and had no problems, while others have nothing but problems (non-functioning lights, lights that will not fire up properly, "Bulb out Warnings", etc etc). So chances of success seem to be a toss up.

One word of warning, in case you were not aware: All aftermarket HID kits are illegal for on road use in the U.S and Canada, in the low beam position. You can use them in the fog light position legally.

Not trying to talk you out of anything, just providing relevant information.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks for the info.

You would also think that some manufacturer would have made a set of projector HID replacements by now.

Edited by 1nutsvt

Not sure if I did it wrong, but my HID's (low beam) work when my highs are on. I used the Flashtechs from Cbrenn and they are sweet. I went with 35W 6,000K. I'll post up some pics soon.

Cheers

P.S. on the Flashtechs, I had to trim down the tabs slightly with a razor to get them to fit into the housing. I've heard that other manufactures have this same prob. Not a big deal at all. Just need to be aware.

• 1 month later...

I had some HID's on my Edge, Low beam and fogs. The fogs worked fine but the low beam was always doing something, sometime you would start the car and no lights at all, sometimes one would come on(not always the same side) and sometimes both. I took them out and will not put any back inn. I had the ones from Direct JG.

Hey,

I ordered my kits from retrosolutions and have never had a problem. They work great. Easy to instll just plug and play. No trimming of tabs. I put in the 55w 8000. I have never had an oncoming driver flash me because the lights are too bright and have not had a problem with the police. I live in New Jersey and have full tints and no front plate both which are illegal and have driven past many cops without even a look. I believe that if you drive like an ass you will get stopped, normal driving they don't even bother you.

• 5 weeks later...
I had some HID's on my Edge, Low beam and fogs. The fogs worked fine but the low beam was always doing something, sometime you would start the car and no lights at all, sometimes one would come on(not always the same side) and sometimes both. I took them out and will not put any back inn. I had the ones from Direct JG.

Before you took them back, did you try different ballasts? How did you connect them?