Advertising banner

scuzzi

This is a whole new topic. You would think that Ford would screen the advertisment banner on its pages, especially when it comes to automobiles.

So why is there an advertisment banner for GM? I click on www.blueovalnews.com and then click to go to the edge forum. Both of these sites had the GM banner on it. Sure they lease out the site for advertisement but you would think they would have some control over what is advertised.

They tell us we need to drive Fords to get into the preferred parking, they want us to go out and say how good Ford products are, and then they have a GM banner for all to see when they come to this site?

Great message to send to the workers. Its up to us to sell everything while the parent company whores out it advertisment space to whoever will pay the most. Sheesh.

I do not believe either fordedgeforum or blueovalnews is sanctioned by Ford Motor Company. However, I could be wrong!! :shrug:

There is the section on blueovalnews.com forums with letters to management. That is why I think Ford has a say on this website. As for the banners appearing only on canadian computers... who knows, its where I log in from

There is the section on blueovalnews.com forums with letters to management. That is why I think Ford has a say on this website. As for the banners appearing only on canadian computers... who knows, its where I log in from

Your computer's IP adddress is very easily read by another server and it is the tattletale that tells everyone where you are located and what Internet service provider you use.

For example, I visited the CBC-TV website to look at the Edge ad attached to the online news video feed and the site server knew that I was located outside of Canada. It promptly let me know that the content was intended for Canadian audiences and that I could only view the international feed.