Help with tan interior

I have an 08 Edge with the tan interior. I had been wearing a black leather jacket for a couple of weeks and now the center console lid and the drivers side arm rest have black on them. I tried cleaning them but no luck (it removed some but it's still noticeable). Has anybody had this problem and any suggestions on how to clean it? I was thinking of having the center console lid redone in leather (easier to clean than this rubber stuff they use).

Same problem here. The first week I had the car I noticed this. Took it back to the dealer who sent

me to their detailer. He didn't have a solution except to clean it with soap and water. I've tried every thing

I can think of and nothing gets it back to "new looking". If someone has a solution I'm all ears.

Same problem here. The first week I had the car I noticed this. Took it back to the dealer who sent

me to their detailer. He didn't have a solution except to clean it with soap and water. I've tried every thing

I can think of and nothing gets it back to "new looking". If someone has a solution I'm all ears.

Try this:

http://www.s100.com/s100_tcc.htm

I use it on my Harleys. Use it on my trucks and my Edge. I've had the same issue with my interior "rubber" and seats and this did the trick. It's tough on the dirt and stains but pretty mild and gentle on the actual surface. Harley shops sell it but you can also find it on-line.

Spray it on a rag, clean the area in question and wipe clean with a second "rinse" rag and then dry . . .

I agree COMPLETELY!!!

I use Total Cycle Cleaner on my bike and on my other cars.

It WILL remove tuff stains and not harm the orignal finish.

I don't believe there are any harsh chemicals, but I always try it on an inconspicuous space first.

It is a great product!!

Edited by ixlar8

I have an 08 Edge with the tan interior. I had been wearing a black leather jacket for a couple of weeks and now the center console lid and the drivers side arm rest have black on them. I tried cleaning them but no luck (it removed some but it's still noticeable). Has anybody had this problem and any suggestions on how to clean it? I was thinking of having the center console lid redone in leather (easier to clean than this rubber stuff they use).

I hear you: I bought a black wool coat and noticed the same blueish-black stains as you have. I tried rubbing alcohol, windex, and Goof-off (which is the most powerful solution I can find)--the Goof-off was somewhat successful, but not totally. I don't rest my arms on the armrest or center console anymore when I wear that jacket.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...