noise in door

hellerjw

I have a 2007 Edge SEL Plus with 27,000 miles on it and in the last 6 months I've noticed an increasingly frequent popping sound coming from somewhere in or near the front passenger door window.

I've tried to isolate it and can't determine if its the door or the pillar. It sounds like the glass ticking/popping and does it particulary when I start from a dead stop or when the frame flexes. It doesn't do it at highway speeds which I'm guessing is due to the increased air pressure pushing against the door/window. It is most noticeable in the 20-30 MPH range.

Its driving me crazy trying to track down this annoying popping sound. Anyone else experience this?

I have a 2007 Edge SEL Plus with 27,000 miles on it and in the last 6 months I've noticed an increasingly frequent popping sound coming from somewhere in or near the front passenger door window.

I've tried to isolate it and can't determine if its the door or the pillar. It sounds like the glass ticking/popping and does it particulary when I start from a dead stop or when the frame flexes. It doesn't do it at highway speeds which I'm guessing is due to the increased air pressure pushing against the door/window. It is most noticeable in the 20-30 MPH range.

Its driving me crazy trying to track down this annoying popping sound. Anyone else experience this?

Hi hellerjw. :D No, have not experienced it.

First, check your glove compartment and the "map/storage compartment" on the front passenger door to see if anything stored in those two areas may be bouncing back and forth during acceleration/low speed driving. Also, check the passenger side sunvisor to see if it is clipped in place. If it's not properly fastened, it could also be a cause of the type of noise you are experiencing (this has happened to others in the past, as noise travels in deceiving/unexpected ways).

If there is nothing in those three spots that is causing the noise, this would be my next recommendation (especially since you stated it is driving you crazy): Since you are experiencing a problem/concern, make a service appointment and let your Dealerships Service Department diagnose and correct it while you are still under Warranty.

Let us know what you find.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I had something similar to what you are experiencing...a "pop" coming from the door -driver, while going over bumps at slow speeds.

The sound never materialized at higher speeds (30+mph).

While at the dealer, I mentioned this "noise" to the Service Advisor. They looked at it and found out that the driver's side door latch needed to be adjusted.

Voila, problem solved.

Good luck.

I had the same popping noise in two doors. Try spraying white lithium grease, just a small squirt using the little red tube in the spray nozzle, in the door hinges and a little in the door latches. Open and close the doors a few times to work it in. This cured the noise for me. Good luck.