New Exhaust Tips Photos

Hey everyone,

Many of you may know a month ago I had a custom Magnaflow CAT system installed. Well about 2 weeks ago I got some high heat black gloss paint and did the muffler and piping from the muffler to the tips. I also wanted to find some tips that had a better shape and fit the cutout in the bumper better. I got them in the other day and had them installed on Wednesday.

Here are the pics after installation. They are 4 inch oval outlets, I like them. Let me know what you think!

post-5413-1236966543_thumb.jpg

post-5413-1236966560_thumb.jpg

post-5413-1236966572_thumb.jpg

post-5413-1236966585_thumb.jpg

Told ya you'd see the "rusty" muffler ;) That looks really good. The oval tips fill out the cut-out in the bumper very nicely. Now all we need is a sound clip.

I posted it earlier but here is the clip a few days after install. It actually sounds a bit better now since everything is broken in, kind of opened up a bit more. The tech said it would.

http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww63/ch...=SoundClip1.flv

I posted it earlier but here is the clip a few days after install. It actually sounds a bit better now since everything is broken in, kind of opened up a bit more. The tech said it would.

http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww63/ch...=SoundClip1.flv

Here is a new video without the background noise. This is with all mods complete. Magnaflow CAT system, 4 inch outlet oval exhaust tips.

http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww63/ch...nt=VID00007.flv

I like the black paint, looks really good... now lets hope it holds up over time :) keep us informed as I will be curious to see. did you do some good prep work before painting?

as for the tips, hmmm.. I like the stock ones off my Limited a bit better (which I 'think' are different than the SEL). the more elongated oval of these versus the taller circle of the facie cutout bothers my eye - bit of a gap at the top

I like the black paint, looks really good... now lets hope it holds up over time :) keep us informed as I will be curious to see. did you do some good prep work before painting?

as for the tips, hmmm.. I like the stock ones off my Limited a bit better (which I 'think' are different than the SEL). the more elongated oval of these versus the taller circle of the facie cutout bothers my eye - bit of a gap at the top

I did not bother with prep work, so thank goodness I did not use the whole can. If it starts to fade I will just apply another coat. On the tips, I am not sure what comes on the Limited's but I thought they were the same as the SEL's but unsure. I was tired of looking at that small circular one hanging way beneath the cutout. With as low as they had the stock ones hanging, I dont know why they bothered doing a cutout. Anyway, I think it gives it a more flush look compared to before. But to each his own, that is why America is beautiful!!!!!

Hey everyone,

Many of you may know a month ago I had a custom Magnaflow CAT system installed. Well about 2 weeks ago I got some high heat black gloss paint and did the muffler and piping from the muffler to the tips. I also wanted to find some tips that had a better shape and fit the cutout in the bumper better. I got them in the other day and had them installed on Wednesday.

Here are the pics after installation. They are 4 inch oval outlets, I like them. Let me know what you think!

Very sleek!

I did not bother with prep work, so thank goodness I did not use the whole can. If it starts to fade I will just apply another coat. On the tips, I am not sure what comes on the Limited's but I thought they were the same as the SEL's but unsure. I was tired of looking at that small circular one hanging way beneath the cutout. With as low as they had the stock ones hanging, I dont know why they bothered doing a cutout. Anyway, I think it gives it a more flush look compared to before. But to each his own, that is why America is beautiful!!!!!

if you really did no prep work, I would not worry about fade 1 bit, I would worry about it peeling or flaking off or coming off with minor road debris. if you seriously just laid down and started painting, there can be a ton of debris under the paint that can lead to the paint coming off. contamination and an unclean surface make for a very bad mix when painting. at a minimum, light sanding to prep the surface and then clean and then paint. and, if you did not paint the entire thing, yes even the top (which would mean dropping the exhaust from the hangers, which is petty easy and I assume you guy just used the existing rubber grommets) then the top of the exhaust is exposed metal, which could mean rust or contamination, which can mean it works its way down under the half-a-paint job you did. and, on the bottom of a car with road debris and water and salt (if in snow) paint prep would have been pretty important step... but to late now :)

as for the tips.. IIRC, the SEL had some basic steel tips while the Limited had something like "chrome rolled" steel tips?? but can't recall for sure.

if you really did no prep work, I would not worry about fade 1 bit, I would worry about it peeling or flaking off or coming off with minor road debris. if you seriously just laid down and started painting, there can be a ton of debris under the paint that can lead to the paint coming off. contamination and an unclean surface make for a very bad mix when painting. at a minimum, light sanding to prep the surface and then clean and then paint. and, if you did not paint the entire thing, yes even the top (which would mean dropping the exhaust from the hangers, which is petty easy and I assume you guy just used the existing rubber grommets) then the top of the exhaust is exposed metal, which could mean rust or contamination, which can mean it works its way down under the half-a-paint job you did. and, on the bottom of a car with road debris and water and salt (if in snow) paint prep would have been pretty important step... but to late now :)

as for the tips.. IIRC, the SEL had some basic steel tips while the Limited had something like "chrome rolled" steel tips?? but can't recall for sure.

Well I appreciate the technical input, but honestly I am not too worried about it. I did the exact same thing on my previous car, a 2004 Honda Accord EXL. I added dual exhaust and painted the mufflers black with a simple high heat black gloss paint. After 1 1/2 years I had only put 1 additional coat on it and that was only because the gloss had faded just a tad. I dont plan on taking the car to auto shows, so there is not much of a chance someone getting underneath my car and evaluating the work that was done. If it does "peel or chip", I will address it then.

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone,

Brother,, Please forward model number of the the four inch oval outlets from autobarns website.

Also would you recommend installing a chrome wheel skins,

last but not least fog lamps for the SE where could i purchase them, dealership is saying ford has no fog lamp kit available for SE

Thanks

talk about a necropost... this thread is from like 16 months ago :shades: not likely IF the op even posts and has the #'s they will even be applicable these days

as for the fog lamps for an Edge that did not come with them.. search the forums, it has been discussed and done by others. but correct, not using SE parts as the SE did not come with fogs.. you have to get body parts and rewire and switches and lower valence, etc, etc, etc, from another model - like the Limited - that did have fogs and retro yours over. not cheap, not easy, but possible. again, search these forums, the details are here as others have done/investigated it.

Edited by Lex Talionis