Bake udpdated?

Wife has had hers for one week love the edge HATES the brakes. She went fron a BMW 330 ( glad to see it's GONE) to the Edge and wants it to have the "feel" as the brakes on car did. Yes I know that a 4000 pound CUV will not stop like a 2800 sports car,but there is ways to improve on the braking I have found that brembo offers a kit have not seen one from wildwood,SSB, Baer as of yet,. Has anyone tried any aftermarket brake componets as of yet?

Will the Brembo fit behind the Stock 20? Found the guide to make measurements and will try to do that this weekend Thanks

P.S this is a photot of 13" brakes from a mustang being installed on a ranger so this is hope of some DIY projects for this. Maybe

post-5996-1237837641_thumb.jpg

Edited by bluesplash94

I've been in contact with EBC brakes to get some better pads but I haven't seen much from them. Send them an email. Otherwise, instead of changing the entire system out consider getting some DOT4 super dry fluid in with SS brake lines. That should improve heat capacity and greatly enhance pedal feel (something the edge is sorely lacking in).

But yeah, EBC said they we're updating the feb 2009 catalog with Ford EDGE/MKX/CX-7/CX-9 applications although I haven't seen or heard much about this.

Edited by CreamEDGE.

EBC Greenstuff are great pads. They have good stopping, with low noise and low dust. About the best compromise of all three factors. ... in my opinion.

That said, it still won't make up for larger rotors and calipers. But it does help.

Red or Yellowstuff is what you should put on the EDGE. Greenstuff is for sedans/coupes lighter than 3000lbs with less than 200hp. The size of the equipment is fine, the fluid/pads aren't up to the task. Tires also play a BIG part in braking.

Yeah but if you put larger calipers on the front it throws the balance off and that can increase stopping distances.

PLEASE E-mail EBC if you guys want them to get their pads up and out of England. I'm sick of waiting.

Try these emails.

joseph a ebc brakes usa . c o m

johnr a ebc brakes usa . c o m

Remove the spaces and replace a with @.

Edited by CreamEDGE.

It's 100% true, with these Brembo systems having more clamping force on the front of the car throws off the weight transfer balance and it can increase stopping distance. You need larger wheels too.

DP21749 Green Front

DP31749C Red Front

DP21795 Green Rear

DP31795C Red Rear

Order up! Get the Redstuff though, trrrrrrust me.

Edited by CreamEDGE.

A couple things to input on this:

Upgrading to the Brembo front kit will not trow off the balance of your braking system. And it will decrease braking distances, not increase.

A greenstuff pad would be a better fit for the Edge. It would not be as good of an idea to use redstuff pads for a vehicle that many people cart their family around in. Redstuff pads are a very good pad when warmed up, but when they are cool the stopping force is decreased and will take more effort to stop the vehicle.

A couple things to input on this:

Upgrading to the Brembo front kit will not trow off the balance of your braking system. And it will decrease braking distances, not increase.

A greenstuff pad would be a better fit for the Edge. It would not be as good of an idea to use redstuff pads for a vehicle that many people cart their family around in. Redstuff pads are a very good pad when warmed up, but when they are cool the stopping force is decreased and will take more effort to stop the vehicle.

Thanks larry for the clarification and backing up my point. BBKs are not desgined for 60-0 stops. They are designed for higher speeds stops and most importantly low-fade consistent braking. I have owned a few cars with aftermarket BBKs. They are great for the track and slowing quickly from high speeds.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_brake...rformance.shtml

Read it, they actually make BBK's. You're not taking this SUV to the track and you don't need to get a BBK to remove brake fade on the street. Change the pads, and fluid. Increasing stopping distances on an SUV with already HORRIBLE stopping distances is nothing but a bad idea.

The most dramatic front-bias impacts are usually brought about by “big brake kits” which are not properly matched to the intended vehicle. Any time that a bigger front rotor is installed, there is a simultaneous need to decrease the effective clamping force of the caliper (installing smaller pistons is the easiest method) to offset the increased torque created by larger rotor effective radius. The objective is to maintain a constant amount of brake corner output (torque) for a given brake line pressure as Figure 6 illustrates. Unfortunately, too many upgrades do not take this factor into account, and those poor cars end up with both bigger rotors and larger pistons which serve to drastically shift the bias even more forward. While rock-solid stable under braking, stopping distances will go up dramatically.

Larry, you don't know what you're talking about, and that's putting it lightly. With the weight of the EDGE these pads will get into optimal operating temperature in one or two stops. EBC rates both of these pads as having the SAME cold stopping power and the RedStuff having MUCH higher hot friction.

"For heavier faster cars and vehicles above 200bhp we strongly recommend Redstuff which DOES offer much less dust."

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/redstuffinfo.html

Edited by CreamEDGE.

No need to personally insult people. That's not appreciated. Lets keep it civil please. I didn't personally attack you. No need to attack me.

As someone who has driven an Edge with the big brake kit I know what I'm talking about.

As someone that has driven vehicles with redstuff and greenstuff pads I know what I'm talking about.

Feel free to disagree. But I've experienced what I've said and did not read it on a website.

Edited by larryinfl

No need to personally insult people. That's not appreciated. Lets keep it civil please. I didn't personally attack you. No need to attack me.

As someone who has driven an Edge with the big brake kit I know what I'm talking about.

As someone that has driven vehicles with redstuff and greenstuff pads I know what I'm talking about.

Feel free to disagree. But I've experienced what I've said and did not read it on a website.

If I wanted to insult I would have. You's be trollin'. Fortunately EDGE owners don't have to listen to you or me, the people that MAKE the pads will tell you RedStuff is the best. That Brembo kit is for nothing other than show.