creaking sound - driver door post area

alittleedgy

I have an annoying sound coming from the area of my door post - doesn't sound like its coming from the door itself but rather from the area of the door post. I hear it when I hit the brakes, or when I accelerate, or go over a bump. A creaking sound - something like metal surfaces or plastic surfaces in close contact sliding relative to one another.

The dealer seemed to think it may be a bad weld in the body under the door frame trim - all of that would have to be removed.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

I have an annoying sound coming from the area of my door post - doesn't sound like its coming from the door itself but rather from the area of the door post. I hear it when I hit the brakes, or when I accelerate, or go over a bump. A creaking sound - something like metal surfaces or plastic surfaces in close contact sliding relative to one another.

The dealer seemed to think it may be a bad weld in the body under the door frame trim - all of that would have to be removed.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Lubed the latch. Its a fairly common problem.

Lubed the latch. Its a fairly common problem.

Thank you - I did so this weekend and the problem seemed to clear up. Very strange since the sound seemed to come from the door post rather than the door latch - the sound must have traveled up the to the door post somehow.

Anyway, thanks again!