pricey filters

So after we bought the edge we decided to send it in for its 15,000 mile checkup. In the book it says to change the oil, cabin air filter and rotate the tires. At the dealer they also wanted to replace the fuel filter. They told us they were gonna charge around 300 bucks to do these filters so we said HELL NO! LOL I know how to change filters dammit (hell iv changed engines) and i know for a fact that it doesn't take 300 bucks to change two filters. I already figured out how to access the cabin air filter, but where is the fuel filter? Also the book talks about a "climate-controlled seat filter". What is that? a fart filter? LOL What in the world does it do and where is it, and how do you change it. Because of the warranty, i feel pressed to have the dealer do allot of things, but ill be damned if im going to allow myself to robbed when i can do these things at home for pennys.

fuel filter is actually in the gas tank itself IIRC.... and IIRC it never needs replacement.. I think BBF can/will chime in with more particulars.

but hey... if this is true, unless you have some serious issue with yours, here is another example of a shifty dealer :drop:

A filter that never needs replacing? thats odd.

The "climate-controlled seat filter" would be in Lincoln MKX models with heat/cool seats.

These seats have perforated upholstery that air blows through on the cool setting, so there is also a filter that goes along with it. Exactly where it is located I have no idea.

Does anyone know what the price is on the Cabin Air Filter?

The "climate-controlled seat filter" would be in Lincoln MKX models with heat/cool seats.

These seats have perforated upholstery that air blows through on the cool setting, so there is also a filter that goes along with it. Exactly where it is located I have no idea.

Does anyone know what the price is on the Cabin Air Filter?

The seat filter is underneath each seat - just reach under from behind. It's about the diameter of a baseball.

$28 at the dealer, IIRC.

A filter that never needs replacing? thats odd.

I was surprised also, but here is a quote from another thread by bbf2530...

"Hi 18ACHEVY. It is in the fuel tank and does not need replacement in normal service.

From the Owners Manual:

FUEL FILTER

Your vehicle is equipped with a lifetime fuel filter that is integrated with

the fuel tank. Regular maintenance or replacement is not needed.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. "

I was surprised also, but here is a quote from another thread by bbf2530...

"Hi 18ACHEVY. It is in the fuel tank and does not need replacement in normal service.

From the Owners Manual:

FUEL FILTER

Your vehicle is equipped with a lifetime fuel filter that is integrated with

the fuel tank. Regular maintenance or replacement is not needed.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. "

WOW so i wonder where the 300 was gonna go towards if there isn't even a replaceable filter?

It's actually something that you really need to be on the lookout for. Dealerships aren't making as much money selling vehicles so they are turing to their service departments to keep the money flowing in.

Well im certainly not taking this rig back to them. Jiffy lube lost my business after they got into my Taurus after they stepped in dirty oil. I normally change the oil myself, but this winter wont end and i don't have a garage.